Wing mirrors on cars

Why would you need to? I know how big my car is, and I can see the inside of it. The outside tends to be in the same place (plus the width of the panels).

So they're catering for fuckwits. Typical health and softy legislation. FFS let the dumbasses die off.
--
I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.

Like everyone else, I turn round and look behind me to get a full view in my whole field of vision. Wing mirrors are for pulling out or changing lane.
--
If you value the opinion of others, you clearly aren't sure of your own.

trouble is that as you get lder your body doesn't turn as easily. I find the reversing camera a godsend.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

On 01/01/18 19:29, charles wrote:

good god. You turn round when reversing rather than using the mirrors?
sheesh!

Yes, as I said I get a better view. And you're replying to the wrong person, please learn how to operate your newsreader correctly.
--
The way to a man's heart is through the left ventricle.

On Mon, 01 Jan 2018 19:29:03 +0000, charles wrote:

That is part of the reason that I went for the rear camera option. I have neck and shoulder problems, and since I have no vision in the left eye I have to twist a very long way round when reversing.

I spent most of my working life driving vans where there was either no view through the back because of the type of vehicle or because the load blocked the view. You learnt to use the side mirrors for most things.
On 01/01/2018 03:49 PM, Tony Dragon wrote:

+1. I don't even think about turning around.

But you might aswell in a car.
--
Flanders and Swann on MOT tests:
Our car is getting a bit old, it'll have to be tested soon.

I have a bad back that means twisting round is painful, so I use my mirrors.

You are hereby granted the same discretion as van drivers, you may use your mirrors.
--
Man: "Do you wash your clothes in Windex?"
Woman: "Why do you ask?"

Anyone that operates a larger vehicle such as fire truck or ambulance uses their mirrors because the ain't no rear windows. When backing an assistant should be used because emergency personnel have other things on their minds beside backup alarms.
--
Tekkie

oad

uses

tant

minds

Any vehicle that doesn't have a view through the back should have a camera by law.
-- Two crows together is an attempted murder.

oad

uses

tant

minds

Any vehicle that doesn't have a view through the back should have a camera by law.
-- Two crows together is an attempted murder.
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Three duplicated posts from the troll. Did you know that the psychopath Hucker claims to have a degree? I've seen it and still have it. Forgery. Hucker is a piss poor delivery boy and that is all he ever will be.

I've sent one. If my newsserver duplicates it, go moan at Chris.

Awaiting your proof....

But I get a lie in.
-- Disk Full - Press F1 to belch.

oad

uses

tant

minds

Any vehicle that doesn't have a view through the back should have a camera by law.
-- Two crows together is an attempted murder.

I've spent too much time in vehicles where turning around didn't buy you anything. Even with a commercial van all you're going to see is the inside of the van. It's mirrors or nothing.

Vans have bigger mirrors.
--
Flanders and Swann on MOT tests:
Our car is getting a bit old, it'll have to be tested soon.

Depends on the van, if you drive a 'car derived van' (Corsa, Fiesta) then the mirrors are the same.