Wanted: Carnival Boat Mechanic

Salary commensurate with experience:

( You couldn't pay me to take a cruise with these idiots! )

Reply to
devnull

If this keeps up carnivals prices will get near free to cruise, since most people will avoid them...

Bargains coming!!!

There are some simple steps cruise lines need to adopt in everyones best interest!

In the event of a power failure or other issue preventing sewage treatment a drain valve in the bottom of the ship to dump the sewage in the ocean, with a BIG FINE, like 50 grand. But safer and better than passengers toilets overflowing.

The cruise lines should guarantee, if your cruise is interrupted due to mecanical troubles you get 3 times your cruise cash back, plus a free future cruise.

With carnival having concordia and now more problems they better do this or prepare for bankruptcy.

I like royal carribean myself:)

Reply to
bob haller

This is yet another example of the importance of proper preventative maintenance and skilled people to perform it. Apparently Carnival has neither.

Reply to
Hecho en China

Good one.

Somehow I think Rush babies will blame Obama for this. Lets wait and see...

Reply to
Doug

It will be Bush's fault.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

maintenance and skilled people to perform it.

I was thinking the same thing. Large corporations think they can replace the higher paid competent employees with just anyone (to save $). But then problems like this occur.

Also the people who know what they are doing want spare parts on hand and want to do preventative maintenance regularly - they want to do a good job. But the money saving types tie their hands and refuse to order parts and do other things which prevent them from doing a good job - thus they leave in frustration.

I don't know if this is the case with this company, but sure sounds like it!

Reply to
Bill

Exactly what I was about to say.

Reply to
recyclebinned

news reports yet another carnival ship in trouble today......

futher news reports carnival lost money last year, but is now profitable.

bet they cut preventive maintence and onboard repair crews to save bucks

now they will lose money because few will want to go on carnival for a sinking feeling......

Reply to
bob haller

I gave up on the corporate world years ago when women and minorities were being promoted all around me. The new highly paid employees couldn't do the job and expected me to do it when they couldn't but the company didn't want to pay me the higher wages. I bid them farewell and the corporation died on the vine soon after that. Now I get to charge companies a lot of money to fix things that The Affirmative Action morons can't. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

OMG! That's three Carnival Cruise ship breakdowns in one week's time!

Are they even doing preventative maintenance?

Only an idiot would get on a Carnival ship now! ROFLMAO!

Reply to
diy savant

"In other words- and this is the rock-solid principle on which the whole of the Corporation's Galaxywide success is founded- their fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by their superficial design flaws."

-D. Adams _So Long, and Thanks for all The Fish_

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

There used to be a big company owned property management company called Sou thmark Management that went belly-up. I used to work for them. One day we were sitting around trying to come-up with ways that we could sa ve money on renovating a property that the company had just purchased. I will never forget what the corporate chief engineer once said: ?It doesn?t matter if we make or lose any money on any project. Once our company accountants finish doing the books we always wind-up making a profit.?

Reply to
recyclebinned

More likely, based on your behavior here, you were passed over because your employers discovered your serious personality flaws. It's pretty obvious that a man who freely admits that he finds starting fights in a group "entertaining" (as you just did in the troll thread) would be recognized as a disruptive employee. Thanks for finally proving what I've always suspected.

We have to wonder: did you jump ship or were you thrown overboard? It's nice you've finally confessed to being a troll and given us the real reason behind your various hatreds - and don't insult our intelligence by claiming a few smiley faces mean you're just kidding. As for your corporation dying, we have no proof of that, only your word. And the word of self-confessed troll is worthless. You might as well claim to be the illegitimate son of the Queen of England.

There's no doubt you treated your fellow employees just as poorly as you treat your fellow newsgroup members and your bosses noticed. *That's* the more likely reason you were passed over for promotion. A smart boss would realize that an employee with a good disposition could be trained, but that an employee who starts fights for fun would always be a problem.

You're a self-confessed, degenerate troll who enjoys disrupting the newsgroup because it "entertains" you. You owe everyone here big apology for that revelation. Are you a big man or a little man, Dufas? Only your actions going forward will tell us.

Reply to
Robert Green