Talk about pricing...

this thing has much different prices for a 1 and a 1-pack.

And a 2-pack is 3 times the price of a 1-pack!

Reply to
micky

replying to micky, Iggy wrote: Yep, that's what you get in a world of a trillion stupid products rather than just the best products. Not that there should even be money or buying, but you also then end up with retailing frauds and con-men and women. "Look at how great our sales price is, just don't look at our shipping costs".

Amazon, Ebay, Walmart, etc. are teeming with frauds. My "favorites" are Unbeatable Sale, Zoro, We The People, Life & Home and Wayfair (there are a boat-load more). Some have prices that are half, but their shipping costs are double the sales price. The Moral of Humanity's endless story of abject stupidity, you get what you let.

Reply to
Iggy

Did you notice that each has a different seller? If you click on each item the seller (who sets the price) changes. It is just as you went to the different stores in your neighborhood to do comparison shopping.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

How is it fraud? Amazon has different sellers for the product and just like your local store, they set the price. Amazon is just showing that item in each variation. Note when you click on the different packs the seller changes. You have a choice.

As an informed consumer you can shop and compare to find what is best for you. The selling price with high shipping is often to get you to look but the total price is what matters. If you buy an item for $5 and want to sell it for $8 and make a profit you have to add the real shipping cost. That includes the box, tape, wrap, time to pack it. Let's say that comes to $2. Total price is $10 to the buyer. If you want to offer free shipping you set the price at $10. Same price to the buyer. OTOH, you do find the seller that will have $12 shipping.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I missed that. Thanks. I'm glad I posted.

Reply to
micky

replying to Ed Pawlowski, Iggy wrote: Choice is, pay more for the same lowest-grade piece of crap...it's "free enterprise", a sucker born every minute? How's that not fraud and betrayal of technology, intelligence and humanity itself? You're, possibly, even from the days when Craftsman, General Electric, John Deere and parts that are endlessly recyclable meant something. We've devolved and everyone accepted it. The slippery slope came along and we jumped on it like a water slide. Look it's the same $5 I spent for something like it 30-years ago, but it only lasted 30-days. yippy. Sorry, I'm just ashamed and embarrassed for and of people and society.

Reply to
Iggy

On Fri 25 Aug 2017 06:14:02a, Iggy told us...

Geez, it's not all doom and gloom! If you know what you're looking for and know what it should cost, it's a no brainer. Amazon Price (with the benefit of streaming video at no cost) ships for free in 2 days, and generally there's no tax. Wayfair ships for free with a reasonable minimum purchase price. Walmart,too, offers free shipping depending on the item. We don't purchase from "fly by night" companies, and we rarely read the advertising and "specials" unless we know for a fact that it's a good deal. Pay attention and buy smart. It's not brain surgery.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Did we devolve and accept it or did we cause it? Are we buying cheaper products because that is what we are given or is it because we keep looking for the lowest possible price and want to have every luxury and toy available? We value quantity over quality.

We were doing well when dad had a Chevy sedan in the driveway, now Dad has a BMW and mom has the Volvo.

All of that though, has nothing to do with particular item pricing at Amazon as was the original subject.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

replying to Ed Pawlowski, Iggy wrote: Nope, our Masters switched the game and we just said: Whatever. The low or even lowest cost used to be real quality sold in volume, earning a worthy reputation and not needing a warranty. But now, we can barely get anyone to honor their warranty.

I would never buy a BMW or Volvo, but just like the Amazon situation there they are with suckers believing the Marketing. The worst of the low-grade garbage at

2 to 4-times the price and even more disappointment when it fails and oh it does fail quickly. Asking yourself, "what happened to you get what you pay for".
Reply to
Iggy

replying to Wayne Boatwright, Iggy wrote: But, do you know what it should cost? No, you shop around to find the lowest total cost and figure you got a good deal. Until, you join Amazon Prime or happen to check out Walmart, Target or Costco to suddenly find it 10, 20 or 30% cheaper after you already bought it. You thought you were being careful and researching (shopping). But, you find out you were screwed or about to be screwed.

What if everyone increased their prices beyond the 400% mark-up? Well, that's what happened and you didn't know at all, you're just prey. You're out there Smart Shopping and thinking you're smart. Well, that "roll" of tape used to be $2 for twice as much tape, as far as you know. Now, it's $1 per foot. How's that smart and what Temporary Tape is worth as much as high processing wire, hardwood, stone, metal sheeting, carpet or food?

I'm just saying you brought up a much more profound State of Affairs than you realize. Yes, you can call me a nutjob and claim I'm blowing a little nothing way out of proportion. But, am I? Am I really? No, your grandparents and parents fell for it just as you have. You claim you're "sane" because no-one's got it cheaper and you most definitely won't be doing anything about it for yourself nor anyone else and no-one wants to join me nor any revolution to free humanity from its bottomless stupidity.

Reply to
Iggy

+1

I've bought lots of things from Walmart, Amazon and eBay and only encountered fraud once, 15 years ago. I think some people cry fraud when they are clueless and don't understand the item, the description, or the system.

Reply to
trader_4

If you would never buy one, how the hell do you know what they are like? Nuff said.

Reply to
trader_4

What kind of moron do you have to be to "shop around to find the lowest total cost" and not look at Walmart, Target, Costco, etc? Today there are search engines that make it very easy. Twenty five years ago, it wasn't easy, but now with the internet, it is. You can easily compare prices and find what you want.

You thought you were being careful

Only if you're a moron. Are you a moron?

Yes, you sure are.

Reply to
trader_4

There are still some high quality products available. There are some great values too.when we got married i 1966, we bought a TV. It was a

19" portable, black and white. The cost was about 7 days pay. Compare that to a 50" flat screen with ultra high definition for about two days pay or less. My first room air conditioner was more than a weeks pay, but I just bought a new one this year for about 5 hours pay.

A good dress shirt was $5 when I was making $1.60 an hour. I can buy one for $30 now that I make $30+ an hour.

FWIW, I've not bought a GM car in 15 years. While the new ones are better than we had in the'60s, there are better made by Korean and Japanese companies now.

Yes, there is some junk, but there are a lot better available too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

replying to trader_4, Iggy wrote: Thanks for missing all the points. Oh well, at least I tried to have an adult conversation.

Reply to
Iggy

replying to Ed Pawlowski, Iggy wrote: Yep, they seem like good deals and maybe they even turn out to be. But, your old stuff lasted 20-years or more, was more energy efficient and you knew and could trust that it would last. That ain't today at all. I have a 30-year old refrigerator that's still running perfect and my brother's on his 3rd new fridge for just the last decade. I've had many same experiences with much older appliances still outlasting new ones.

You can even look at it as what's the better value or more environmentally friendly, now that we're told we're the problem. While, our Masters waste and waste and waste and make us pay for their waste. So when's it end? With your children's grandchildren or the real WW3 or once we're locked up in our Worker Apartment?

Why work pointless jobs until we're almost dead and be required to have saved, at least, a million dollars to live out our diseased days? The original question is just a symptom.

Reply to
Iggy

On Fri 25 Aug 2017 01:44:03p, Iggy told us...

Nutjob, screw loose, lots of ways to describe you and not worthy of an articulae reply.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

replying to Wayne Boatwright, Iggy wrote: There's a good slave. Good boy, very good.

Reply to
Iggy

I've been very pleased with every GM car I've had since my 1976 Chevy Caprice. GM is where you find the best value in used cars. Never bought one new.

Reply to
Vic Smith

More evidence that you're totally clueless. Whether it's a window AC, central AC, refrigerator, freezer, furnace, etc, they are all way more efficient than they were 20+ years ago.

Reply to
trader_4