electrical tape - "beige" color

Sure wish 3M would make the following electrical tape in "beige" color.

Scotch/3M 6132-BA-100 Plastic Electrical Tape, 3/4 x 66-Inch

Adam

OK. I will bite. Why?

Reply to
Seymore4Head

Just need it. Sorry, prefer not to say. :-)

Reply to
Adam

You're probably not going to find true electrical tape in beige for an obvious reason. It's too close to white and better colors for identification are available.

Reply to
trader_4

Drats! They make duct tape in all sorts of funky colors. Why can't 3M do that for electrical tape?

3M can be more "creative" than that. :-)

Okay, what's the closest "stretchy" tape in beige color?

Reply to
Adam

Oh my. I am 20 years behind the time but know by entering "beige tape" into a Google search there will be a million hits

Reply to
philo

This is probably the closest you'll get to it.

Meanie

I hate to think what kind of perversion is involved with this request. I strongly recommend shaving first.

Meanwhile, if the OP was more honest, someone would have recommended better search terms.

Try: "flesh colored tape".

Reply to
Dan Espen

They can be creative. Comes down to "is there a market for it?" Not much.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks, but you're no "Meanie". :-)

My first impression of the "brown" electrical tape was that it was way too dark brown. I may take another look.

Reply to
Adam

Oh-yes, I'm sure it would be gobbled up.

Reply to
Adam

Geez, someone (not me) sure has a dirty mind. :-)

Okay, it's ballroom dance shoe related (specifically, for taping cross-shaped suede heel protectors around the heel).

=================================================================================== The third kind are my favorite. They are small cross-shaped pieces of suede that you fold over the end of the heel. Some people hold them in place with rubber bands, which looks bad in the same way that the hard plastic heel protectors look bad. But another way of holding them in place is using old-school cellophane tape. NOT the "magic transparent" tape or "satin" tape, but the real old-fashioned stuff. Why? Because the real cellophane tape is shiny and it also stretches a bit, so when you wind a bit of tape around the heel protector it molds to the shape of the shoe and is a bit shiny to coordinate with the satin fabric on the shoe. If you really want to get fancy, you can do like I do and dye the suede heel protectors to match your shoes, thereby making them even less noticable. ===================================================================================

Reply to
Adam

"Adam" wrote in news:m62m8k$qeg$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Coban.

You can find it in any pharmacy.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Use the first aid tape. They have some that is pretty much like electrical tape. If you are wrapping something electrical, use regular tape, then take a turn or two of the first aid tape.

Reply to
gfretwell

gfretwell

Thanks, wonder if "coban" will pick up dirt easily since it looks rough and porous.

Reply to
Adam

The beige/skin color, that is.

Reply to
Adam

You racist son of a bitch!! I'm going to tell Obama and his buddy Sharpton and they'll start an investigation on your racist behavior. Then you'll wish you were as tolerant as they tell us they are.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

If that's the story you want us to believe.

Don't overlook that those search terms do turn up some possibilities.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Adam:

I would phone up 3M's 1-800 customer support phone number and ask if they have a beige lane marking tape.

Lane marking tape is often used in hospitals to guide people unfamiliar with the hospital to the places they most frequently need to go, such as the X-ray lab and the caffeteria. Lane marking tape has a very strong initial grab, but it can be pulled off a surface without leaving a glue residue. It's a very strong and waterproof tape that will stand up to people walking on it with dirty winter boots and comes in various widths, and most importantly, a wide variety of colours.

The only problem I can see is that it typically comes in fairly large rolls, and you might not need that much tape.

Another option would be to look in your yellow pages phone directory under Book Binding Equipment & Supplies to see if any of the book binders in your area can order some beige book binding cloth tape for you. This is a very strong linen tape with a very strong adhesive on it that will keep those suede crosses on for a long time.

I'd consider using an elastic band to hold the crosses on, and then wrapping the heel with book binding tape over the elastic band.

Reply to
nestork