Dynamite Blasting

I am about to have a dynamite blast done within 50-75 feet of our crawl space foundation and within 35 feet of a concrete slab pad. The builder/developer has sent a earth beneath structural company to document the before and after from the blast. Still worries the heck out of me. They did two 600 feet away and it shook the heck out of the house. Seems like we're screwed no matter what. Appreciate any body else's experience and what did they get out of it?

Reply to
Buckeye Mike

Is this being done on your property or to facilitate construction on someone else's property?

If this is for someone else, I would probably take a LOT of photographs of everything possible in and outside your house before they do the blast in a effort to document the condition of things before they set it off. You also might want to hire your own expert to inspect your property before and after the blast. I wouldn't trust the developers guy.

Real pros can create managed, directional blasts and shockwaves, but those guys are few and far between.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

They blasted a mile from uncles house. Lost his catfish pond. Oh well, it was for a state road.

Reply to
Thomas

.. I can see it now - Lemmings Lives Matter will launch themselves off to a counter-protest ... Mayhem will surely ensue. John T.

Reply to
hubops

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 14:44:05 GMT, Buckeye Mike wrote in

Bye bye house.

Reply to
VinnyB