OT...... 'Self-driving' lorries to be tested on UK roads

Small convoys of partially driverless lorries will be tried out on major British roads by the end of next year, the government has announced. A contract has been awarded to the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL) to carry out the tests of vehicle "platoons". Up to three lorries will travel in formation, with acceleration and braking controlled by the lead vehicle. But the head of the AA said platoons raised safety concerns.

Bod

It will be a hijackers paradise. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Jacked Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

That's exactly what I was thinking. Also I'd expect some yobbos to deliberately place full sized mannikins in the path of the self driving trucks, which will obviously make the autonomous trucks stop with the onboard computer scratching it's head and wondering what to do , just for kicks.

I'll also bet that some yobbos will work out how to make these vehicles crash etc, by gaining control using Wi-Fi.

Reply to
Bod

Funny how that doesn't happen with automatic cars.

-- =

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Show us some proper stats for the number of accidents caused by drivers = and by autonomous cars, you may include hacked ones if you wish. I guar= antee the drivers are far more dangerous. In fact I think it was you wh= o told me before that it was a factor of 20.

-- =

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird, people take prozac to make it normal.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

At which point the holes will have been mended.

-- =

Q. What's hairy on the outside, wet on the inside, begins with a "C" and= ends with a "T"? A. A coconut.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The manufacturer will get into a lot of trouble if their cars/lorries ar= e hacked and kill people. They'll avoid this happening.

-- =