Social Security Number

I was fortunate enough to spend over a year and a half up in the Arctic, primarily in the NWT and about 3 months in the Yukon, One of the most interesting experiences I ever had.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

t4 is not smart enough to read carefully and actually think about what he read He's too busy coming up with "responses"

Reply to
Attila Iskander

Love to hear more about it.

.

I was fortunate enough to spend over a year and a half up in the Arctic, primarily in the NWT and about 3 months in the Yukon, One of the most interesting experiences I ever had.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No home repair involved.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

Sort of like Australia when you go inland from the coast but in Australia it's warmer. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I take it you're Canadian and there is a burning question I've always wanted to ask one of my Canadian cousins. On every SciFi TV show, the outer space aliens who speak English, always seem to have a Canadian accent. I've always been very curious a-boat that, eh? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Heck, I'm looking for a price list for shipping to The International Space Station. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hang on I know I have one. Last time I saw it, it was in my drawer right next to my certificate from the Frobisher Bay School For Alien Impersonators on TV and Film..

Reply to
Attila Iskander

And what law would that be?

Reply to
HeyBub

OK, let's work with the above. Clare told us that it cost $141 to ship a single head of cabbage from Resolute to Arctic Bay, right?

It's a distance of 200 miles. The Electra has a cruise speed of 373mph. Let's be generous and say the flight takes an hour. Per your numbers the fuel cost is $3,800. The Electra has a payload capacity of 45,000 lbs. So, using your numbers the fuel cost per pound for the flight is $.08. Let's say it flies with only a quarter of a load. It's then $.32

Or take the bottom line number you supplied, $11 per mile. Then the trip total operating cost is $2,200

Let's double that assuming there isn't much coming back the other way. The highest number I get is then $.64 per pound of freight.

Now of course there are a lot of other costs involved besides the operating cost of the aircraft, the pilots, depreciation of the aircraft, profits, etc. But do you really think given the above, that it a cabbage costing $16 can be attributed to the air transportation? I can see it being a couple bucks. Which by the way jives with what you stated about it costing as much as the fuel to haul gasoline to the most remote Canadian military base. Four bucks for hauling a gallon of gas, a buck or two for hauling a cabbage. I can deal with that.

And according to Clare the freaking cabbage should cost $141+ because that's what it costs to ship it. And the other thing that makes no sense is that the shipping rate goes up, per pound, the more you ship? I can see that happening for special, large, heavy items. But according to Clare's rates, you could ship those cabbages cheaper one at a time. His rates show that to ship up to 10kg, it's $40 per kg. But if you ship 11kg, then it goes up to $50/kg? That's just a 22 lb item.

Beginning to smell like either the heavy hand of govt or some major shystering to me.

Reply to
trader4

A grocer doesn't wrap up cabbages, the produce supplier does. It was Clare who came up with the silly number of $141 to ship a single cabbage 200 miles. And I'm the foolish one? All I did was point out it's obviously BS and that he based it in part on shipping a pallet of cabbages. The shipping rate he posted is less for smaller loads. So, yes, the produce shipper would package them in smaller packages. The one head at a time was a sarcastic exageration, which was obviously too much for you to compute. You swallowed the $141 BS, quite nicely though.

Reply to
trader4

# # A grocer doesn't wrap up cabbages, the produce # supplier does.

Redirection noted and ignored

# It was Clare who came up with the silly # number of $141 to ship a single cabbage 200 miles.

She also supplied the rate chart from which it was derived

# And I'm the foolish one?

Actually you are

# All I did was point out it's obviously BS

And obviously you were wrong But then armchair Monday Morning quarterbacks usually are.

# and that he based it in part on shipping a pallet of cabbages. # The shipping rate he posted is less for smaller loads. # So, yes, the produce shipper would package them # in smaller packages. The one head at a time was a # sarcastic exageration, which was obviously too much # for you to compute. You swallowed the $141 BS, quite # nicely though. #

The difference between you and people who have actually been up there is that you are ignorant But it is funny to see you spin and pontificate to cover for your ignorance.

If as you claim the service could be provided cheaper, you would have some guy in a plane flying crates of cabbages up there and making a fortune Since it's not the case, and we don't have a "Cabbage King of Frobisher Bay", we can only conclude that once again, you are not functionning in the real world

Reply to
Attila Iskander

So, you're actually with Clare that it costs $141 to ship one head of cabbage 200 miles. Is that what you saw when you were there? That cabbage costs more than $141 a head? Boy, you really are stupid.

Well, obviously someone is, fool. Or do you still believe that cabbages sell for $141+ due to shipping costs?

Reply to
trader4

# # So, you're actually with Clare that it costs $141 to # ship one head of cabbage 200 miles. Is that what you # saw when you were there? That cabbage costs more # than $141 a head? Boy, you really are stupid.

How could I be stupid after you have cornered the market for stupid ? But to get back to your stupid post

The original info was: ++ InnCanada, First Air, flying from Resolute to Arctic Bay,1-10KG is ++ $40/kg11-15Kg is $50/Kg, 16-20 is $67/kg, 21-25 is $83/kg, all the way ++ up to 41-44KG at $141/kg. ++ ++ So, you get a pallet of cabbage, weighing 35KG into Resolute and want ++ to ship it to Arctic Bay, it will cost you $3990 to ship it. Say each ++ cabbage weighs 1Kg (2.2 lbs) the cost per cabbage is $141. ++

I notice that you have NEITHER challenged that shipping rates provided or the calculations derived That is THE ONLY WAY, you can prove that the estimate of $141 per cabbage for 35 1kg cabbages would be $141 per cabbage

So, instead of just yammering like a stupid fool suffering from verbal diarhea, feel free to demonstrate that the rate data provided is wrong.

That is what the transporter CHARGES to ship stuff up there Notice also that you forget to include the costs of shipping to Resolute, which by the way is NOT FREE eitther.

Well, obviously someone is, fool. Or do you still believe that cabbages sell for $141+ due to shipping costs?

Moving of goalposts noted But hey, you are free to ship some cabbages up there and see if could sell them for less than what it would cost to get them there. Maybe if you flew them in on a magic carpet, you could do that.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

..

Fool, even per the rate table, it would cost $40 to ship a cabbage just 200 miles, not the $141 that Clare came up with and you bought in to. I had to tell the both of you that IF those rates are real, then the obvious thing to do is ship them one cabbage at a time. One cabbage weighs 1kg. So, it costs $40. Are you that stupid?

As for not including the shipping to Resolute, again fool, I didn't come up with the example. It was Clare that came up with the example and chose looking at the cost of that shipment from Resolute to Arctic Bay.

No, just a good dose of reality. BTW, who says those shipping costs are the costs that a volume shipper of goods actually pays? That there are not substantial discounts? That those posted rates are for the walk-in guy who sends one or two packages a year? You and Clare have heard of volume discounts, right?

And on top of all that, the point of my jab at HomeLessGuy from Canada was that if goods like a cabbage were selling for $16 anywhere in the USA, for whatever reason, he'd be bitching and using it as an obvious defect and serious problem in the USA. That part of the whole thing went right over your pointed little head.

Reply to
trader4

# # Fool, even per the rate table, it would cost $40 to ship a # cabbage just 200 miles, not the $141 that Clare came up with and you # bought in to. I had to tell the both of you that IF those rates # are real, then the obvious thing to do is ship them one # cabbage at a time. One cabbage weighs 1kg. So, it # costs $40. Are you that stupid?

I'm sorry that you can't follow a simple mathematical argument Why don't you come back when you have learned how to do that instead of just spouting ignorant drivel

# # As for not including the shipping to Resolute, again fool, # I didn't come up with the example. It was Clare that came up with # the example and chose looking at the cost of that

And you have still to demonstrate it was false. Come back when you can do that shipment from Resolute to Arctic Bay.

But you know what If everyone can shop their cabbage for $141 per and you figure out how to do it for $40 per YOu now have a potential profit of $100 per

Here's your chance to make a killing and become the Cabbage King of more than Alt.home.repair Good luck on your business venture.

No, just a good dose of reality. BTW, who says those shipping costs are the costs that a volume shipper of goods actually pays? That there are not substantial discounts? That those posted rates are for the walk-in guy who sends one or two packages a year? You and Clare have heard of volume discounts, right?

And on top of all that, the point of my jab at HomeLessGuy from Canada was that if goods like a cabbage were selling for $16 anywhere in the USA, for whatever reason, he'd be bitching and using it as an obvious defect and serious problem in the USA. That part of the whole thing went right over your pointed little head.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

HE actually.

Reply to
clare

Oops My apologies

Reply to
Attila Iskander

God, you're dumber than a stump!

Reply to
krw

Just remember kids, the only job that you don't need to prove your citizenship is the POTUS. ;-)

Reply to
Nymshiftin' Troll #4