Social Security Number

I'll consider that ad hom as an admission of having lost the argument

Reply to
Attila Iskander

No stupid, It's a typo from not paying close enough attention to the spell-checker But this from the idiot who writes "beck pedaling"

Idiots in glass house should not throw anyting So drop whatever in in your hand, dummy

From the idiot who starts a spell flame from a typo while writing "beck pedaling"

You really are stupid

What instructions are those dummy ?

You're right, I haven't ever had to spend a whole year sending out multiple applications like you did Just goes to show that I don't go around applying for a job at big box stores like you do.

yes that was At least you should SOME intelligence for recognizing it

Too bad that you're nonetheless idiot enough to start a spell flame for a typo between "your" and "you're" and then post "beck pedaling"

How stupid is that ?

Reply to
Attila Iskander

But I never made or implied it like you have done repeatedly

And you are just sad and stupid and pathetic and. Well why go on ? You're not even smart enough to avoid writing "beck pedaling" while doing a spell flame on an innocuous typo

That's how much a moron you are.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

More than two, less that two hundred. Every one.

Because I changed jobs last year. You really are clueless. Are you really Bob F?

Now it all makes sense! You're a bitch. ...in heat, apparently.

Admission: You're a clueless bitch.

No comment, I see.

BTW, dumbass, I retired from IBM six years ago.

Reply to
krw

You don't read any better than you write, moron.

You don't think any better than you read.

Reply to
krw

Now you're lying. You just said you haven't been through the hiring process since 1971.

Reply to
krw

[..../] IRONY
Reply to
krw

As I said, every one I applied to last year, did. Many I never got to the application phase because it wasn't a match, for whatever reason, but every one wanted the SSN on the application.

Reply to
krw

Some folk you're better to hand them a $20 shake their hand and send them down the road.

Like I said at one time I did as you recommend and provided the data up front. Spent a long time and a lot of money clearing my name and professional reputation. For several years my security clearance was toast.

Anyone that requires/ask for that data too soon in the process gets a polite explanation. If that's not sufficient then they get a handshake and the offer of a $20. Odd part regardless of the house you road in on, the hiring parties seem to understand my concerns.

One once told me that 'we need people who are as cautious as you'.

Reply to
NotMe

I've done hiring in my day and NEVER asked for the SSN/SIN before offering the job.

Reply to
clare

That's how it's always been for me - both as employee and employer.

Reply to
clare

Rother piss them off and not have to work for idiots than to cave and end up working for them - wishing you had not - be better off spending your time looking for a job with a decent company - in MANY cases.

Reply to
clare

Actually, in Canada they do NOT have the right to ask for it.

Reply to
clare

Actually, I think I have applied for ONE job in my life - and didn't get it. Actuallly it was offered and I turned it down.

Service manager job. The last question he asked was how much I needed to take the job. I said if I'm not worth $40,000 to him within 6 months, I'm not the man for the job. He said service mangers don't make 40Gs - I told him he was talking to one who did, and earned every cent. Then I told him to keep looking, and keep advertising for a new service manager every 6 to 9 months like he had been for the last 3 years.

Most times it was more them applying to hire me.

Reply to
clare

+1 Been a long time since I filled out an "application," and I can't remember if they wanted SSN. In the "resume" world SSN isn't on the resume, and isn't needed until you're on the payroll. But my experience with that is a dozen years old, and non-governmental, "non-security-check." The way I see it the SSN isn't exactly "top-secret" anymore, so if I was filling an application that had it, I would provide it. Any Joe Shmoe car salesman asks for it to do a credit check. Do we trust car salesmen? HR departments vary widely too. When I took a job running heavy presses and shears at IH in 1968 I was called to HR after a couple weeks on the job. Stupidest thing I ever saw. On the application I had put 1 semester (6 months) of HS at CVS in Chicago. Honestly saying I was a high school dropout. I also gave them a GED from the Navy, and a DD-214 showing honorable discharge, making that meaningless But these jokers called me off the shop floor because they had found no record of me being a CVS dropout. I told them my name was different then, and to check under that name, and never heard from them again. Really lame.
Reply to
Vic Smith

I've got two of them One has been with us 15 years, the other about

  1. They don't have to wear their ankle bracelets any more either.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I've been hiring people for the past 40 years. While it used to be SOP to have the SS#, it has not been for years now. You?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Having been the hiring entity for a number of years, my opinion matters. I don't ask for the SS# up front.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Once you offer employment. Up to that time, it is against the law to ask for DOB. You can ask if a person is over 18 or over 21 if the job requires you be of that age.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yes, they are trying to hide something and should be commended for it. That information is not needed up front.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski