Shower handle came off but has no screw

When she pulled on the shower handle to turn it on this morning, the handle came off in my wife's hand. It's a teardrop type, no visible brand. When you pop off the decorative cap, there is no screw,, and the hole in the middle doesn't even go through, there is plastic. The cartiridge also doesn't have a hole in the middle for a screw that I can see.
On 7/30/2017 10:44 AM, Arearhymejig wrote:

It is for safety reasons. Screwing in the shower can be dangerous if you slip.
On Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 10:44:08 AM UTC-4, Arearhymejig wrote:

I have Hans Grohe faucets and shower and they also have no screws, just pull off. IDK what holds them on tight enough, been awhile since I had one off. So, what's the problem? If it goes back on reasonably tight, it's OK. If not, and there is no visible means to keep it there, a small dab of silicone sealer should work and still allow it to be pulled off if needed.