Shame on CBS !

Ontario wants to be the next state. Quebec wants to go back to France.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Reminds me that I heard The Dixie Chicks have renamed themselves The Chicks.

Reply to
Frank

You wish -- NO WAY does Ontario want to be part of the USA - and although La Belle Province has been raising a stink for several decades there is no way they want to be a "colony" of France. They want to have their cake and eat it too - with France they'd just be easting it (a la Marie Antoinette) and they know it.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

And here I thought Maines might have a set...

Reply to
rbowman

Alberta and Montana are going to merge and secede from their respective countries. Screw those eastern money men.

I doubt Quebec wants anything to do with France. They're sort of a snapshot of what France was before the Revolution.

Reply to
rbowman

Ontario is big on having its cake too. How long do you think it would last without the US? Even Duchess Mulatto didn't want to stay in Canada.

Reply to
rbowman

I carry a lot of guilt. When I was a kid we would eat ice cream in Dixie cups. That is just so wrong.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Does anyone really care. I am sure the guy hanging the letters on the sign at the Wilkes Barre airport Holiday Inn where they are performing likes a shorter name.

Reply to
gfretwell

That's because no one was game to testify against him in a trial.

His lawyer was actually stupid enough to admit that he hadn't paid his taxes so they were able to get him convicted for that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

And Mr. Jinks had to euthanize the racist Pixie and Dixie.

Reply to
Neil Kelly

October has more than one day.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

What does your age have to do with anything?

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Actually it does. Your mindset is from how you grew up and what you saw. Just like today, people are applying 2020 mores to the actions of people 100 or 200 years ago. Your attitude may be different if you lived through the race riots of the 1950s, the war protests of the

1960s, Kent State, George Wallace, etc.

It was not that long ago that the south had segregated drinking fountains. Some people would bring them back.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Maybe because those there didn't have racism on the brain? There must have been many blacks that saw it and didn't take offense. I'm still wondering how this functioned as a pull down? If you pulled it, the noose would start closing on your hand. Maybe it was tied very tight or movement was otherwise restricted? IDK.

Here is the real problem:

US attorney Jay Town and FBI special agent in charge Johnnie Sharp Jr said “nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned” to that same stall.

Wallace never saw the rope. He said Phelps came to see him Sunday night at the track with “tears running down his face.” He also told CNN: “ It was a noose. Whether it was tied in 2019 ... it is a noose. ”

Phelps is the president of NASCAR. Tears? Really? Some wuss is running NASCAR, whose fans are supposed to be tough, all American types?

"Phelps said Nascar had determined the noose was not in place when the October 2019 race weekend began but was created at some point during that weekend,” he said. "

And that's what should have been done and that is where it should have ended. It could be quickly and easily determined to have been there long before Bubba and that it was likely just someone's idea of a cute door pull. Then Phelps could have called up Bubba, explained the facts and that likely would satisfied Bubba and would have been the end of it. Instead he went crying to the feds and CNN. In the process he helped reduce the credibility of real cases.

Reply to
trader_4

Only if you go around with racism on your brain.

Reply to
trader_4

IMHO, those things are all influences, to be sure, but no one has to be defined by those things. Ignorance can be cured, if one has the desire.

I know, and I don't know how to fix that.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Key word: desire

Some people do not want to change. The other group though, has changed or was born into a more enlightened time but that is not good enough for them. Many people grew up surrounded by misinformation and concepts that minorities were inferior. It was considered accepted fact and 200 years later we are ignoring the good those people did and focusing on only the bad. Fact is, this nation would not be as strong if they did not do what they did.

Celebrate the good of Washington and Jefferson and others and have a frank discussion of the bad and why. Educate, don't just toss them away.

Put in only fountains for "Colored People" and remove all others. See how that holds up. Then take the seats out on the front of the bus.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Covid is taking care of it, there are no drinking fountains for anyone.

Reply to
gfretwell