Shame on CBS !

Nascar is saying it was definitely NOT there last spring. There are other "track events" and club "track days" held at most Nascartracks - but VERY FEW would have access to the "nascar garages". I've been to track day at Road America (Elkhart Lake) and the club guys bring their own "garages". I've been to CASCAR tracks up here in Canada and virtually everything is done in the infield pits (I've worked in the pits for a friend's vintage sportsman car) The open-center trailer served as a "pit" or "ramp" for repairs.

Generally speaking the "club racers" would not pay to rent the "nascar garages"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I strongly suspect you ARE wrong - as the track pretty much closes down around thanksgiving and there were no sanctioned races early this year due to covid - and likely VERY FEW if any club events.

There are generally only FOUR sanctioned races at Talladega every year

- 1 truck race, 2 cup races, 1 Xfinity event.

The infield road course has been out of operation apparently since

1983 - and that would have been the draw for "club races" and "track days" - it was an IMSA event track. Having the "noose" show up, of all places, at Talladega, would be worse than at, say, Daytona, as many racers believe Talladega is "cursed" - prompting "The Legend of Hallowdega"

With 80,000 seats selling for $65 to $150, plus garage experience tours, upwards of $15 million in gate reciepts just for those 4 or 5 major races - plus camping/parking fees goes a long ways towards keeping the track running

The October event would have been the last event where the garages would have been in use.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

BIG difference between the "yankee" states and the northern urban blacks and "Dixie" and the southern black culture. Lately there is more black on black inner city crime in the south too - but the memory of "Jim Crow", the KKK, and the "problems" in the 50s and 60s is still fresh in Dixie - Georgia, Bama, the Virginias, and Louisiana in particular

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Not much of a "guess" required after noting the poster.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

He's really something throughout the week, but Friday nights he turns it up a notch or two. I suspect he's getting into the liquor cabinet.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Does Indiana count?

Reply to
rbowman

As Billie Holiday observed in the south they don't care how close a black person gets as long as they don't get too high; in the north they don't care how high they get as long as they don't get too close.

No trouble whatsoever in South Boston...

Reply to
rbowman

It is, the call to remove everything that might be considered racist in someone's most twisted interpretation. Simple examples are the call to wipe Washington, Jefferson and Franklin out of our history along with Lee and Grant.

Reply to
gfretwell

Since 1950? You are nuts.

Reply to
gfretwell

If Nascar is saying that wasn't there in October, they are telling a different story.

Which part, the macrame or the $50K? (that is probably a low ball guess).

Reply to
gfretwell

You mean a mob decided he needed killing.

Reply to
gfretwell

I am old but not that old.

Reply to
gfretwell

I am surprised the Woods team is not under more scrutiny.

Reply to
gfretwell

I'm wondering how a Canadian knows all these things. Probably watching a lot of movies.

Reply to
Frank

Most everything is decided on by a mob. You just have to destinguish between a legal mob and an illeagle mob. The cops arrest someone, the jury (legal mob) decides his fate. They may be right or wrong.

There is some bad person in town. A bunch of town people get together and decide he needs killing. He may or may not be guilty by the legal law. That is the illegal mob.

While he was not killed by a mob, look at people like Al Capone the big mobster of years ago. Almost everyone knew he was guilty of many things, but the only way the legal law could get him was for income tax evasion.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

It's a reason for the left wing nutters to cause more deaths by evicting the police from Seattle. Quite funny the police can't cope though.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Then clearly we need more racism to match this new target.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Then clearly we need more racism to match this new target.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Then clearly we need more racism to match this new target.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Dubuque ain't Dixie...

Reply to