Shame on CBS !

I'm not a NASCAR fan for several reasons. First, it's hard to stay interested when they only turn left. Around and around they go. Second, when I looked around and saw who the fans were, I realized I was in the wrong place. I'm not the redneck hillbilly type. Drag racing is another type of racing that holds no appeal for me.

I enjoy other kinds of racing, though. MotoGP motorcycle racing is fine and I also like off-road desert racing. Neither of those enjoy wide popularity in this country, though.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

It tells me that you don't know anything about the third largest city in the country.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Stupid question. The "if" test fails, so the rest is just stupid.

Equally stupid.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Another "if" test that fails. You're batting .000

It's abundantly clear that you have no clue when it comes to this country's history between blacks and nooses. What are they saying down at the shuffleboard court?

Reply to
Jim Joyce

I can't help you with your problem, but I'm happy that you've admitted to it.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Personally I prefer navigational rallying - preferably from the driver's seat. Apparently I'm not a terribly good navigator but I was hard to beat as a driver with a good navigator.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

ANd you expected what?????

Reply to
Clare Snyder

So Bambi Wallace was offended by a noose he never actually saw?

Reply to
gfretwell

In the history of the world or even the US, far more white people have been hanged than blacks but I suppose that doesn't matter. I learned about nooses and how to tie them from cowboy movies and TV shows and there were never any black people in them. This association is fairly recent. Sort of like the outrage over Aunt Jemima, Mrs Butterworth and Eskimo pies.

Reply to
gfretwell

The poem was by Abe Meeropol, a Jewish member of the American Communist Party. He was triggered to write the song by a photo of Shipp and Smith who were turned into strange fruit at Marion Indiana in 1930.

No media, no #BlacklivesMatter, no Farcebook, although Lady Day got enough money out of the song to keep her in booze and dope until they killed her.

But sometimes a noose is just a noose. The left aren't going to let it go. Obviously some cracker racist assigned Bubba to that particular garage.

Reply to
rbowman

It does amuse me that a group that likes to convince is haw "bad" they are have such thin skins.

Reply to
gfretwell

It's Bambi Wallace now

Reply to
gfretwell

The Antifa & Black Lives Matter "peaceful" rioting, burning and looting is a much bigger threat to America's safety than a slip knot on a garage door pull.

And if the US is so racist, why are the Japanese and their advanced STEM degrees so successful?  Good grief!

Reply to
Roger Oveur

I went to a couple of road rally events when I was stationed in Germany. The phrase "drive it like you stole it" comes to mind. Oh, and the spectators crowding right up next to the road didn't seem like a good idea. My memory was that we couldn't see much of the track, so cars came into view by flying airborne over a hill, sliding sideways past us through a curve, rooster tails flying high, then gone back into the forest in seconds. Super exciting, but only in 3-second bursts. :-)

For me, it's like a lot of motor sports these days, where I like it better on TV because they have cameras mounted on helicopters and drones. The sounds and smells don't come through quite the same, though.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

So now I'm supposed to decide whether you're just trolling or if you're really that ignorant.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

The question remains...trolling or incredibly ignorant? Unless you've been in a coma for 40-50 years, I'm leaning toward trolling.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Go do your own research instead of asking for everything to be handed to you. Why do the fringe right always expect a handout? Welfare has made you lazy.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

You already know the answers. I believe that he was asking a rhetorical question.

Reply to
Frank

I am just amazed that this literally became a "federal case" and Bambi never actually even saw it. I thought this guy came to drive race cars but it sounds more like he is driving an agenda.

Reply to
gfretwell

Now TMZ is showing another picture of the noose different from the first picture. Sounds like photo-shopping to me and the media will undoubtedly run with it.

Reply to
Frank