Shame on CBS !

I was ready to support the guy until the truth came out. This was nothing, blown up into a federal case, that should have been resolved in a few minutes without all of the sensationalism. Why didn't someone ask "where did this come from and how long was it here"? Since it was discovered before Bambi even got there, why wasn't it just removed and tossed in the trash? Did they really need the publicity that badly?

Reply to
gfretwell

The FBI already did that research. People like you call it racist. The fact is a white person is 12-15 times more likely to be killed by a black person than the other way around and black on black murders lead the pack by a wide margin. That is easily seen in the FBI UCR and it has been that way for decades. The numbers change a little year to year but the trend is constant.

Reply to
gfretwell

Amateurish diversion noted.

As President Trump would say, "fake noose".  LOL

Reply to
Bambi Smollett

This tells it all:

Frank

I.ve seen the picture - definitely a "noose"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Extra-Judicial hangings - AKA Lynching - has been a particularly "black" thing over the last 200 years give or take

Reply to
Clare Snyder

That's "performance" rallying - a but different than navigational rallying but even in Nav there is sometimes a bit of "hairy" driving - but restricted to "non-prepared" cars. Stock engines and suspensions - very limitted mods like fifferent wheels, skid pans, different exhaust. and anti-roll bars etc. I rallyed a "bone stock" Renault R12. My navigator's previous ride was a Datsun 510 - the last year with a 810 engine (1800cc instead of

1600)
Reply to
Clare Snyder

You still need to ask???

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Depends on the picture you saw. The first one I saw was a little blurry but definitely not a noose. The second I saw was clear and clearly a noose. I could see the first clearly enough to know it did not have all the loops seen in the second picture. We are victims of fake news which includes fake pictures.

Reply to
Frank

And does that take 16 FBI agents? No. It was a pull on a garage door. It would have been very simple for Bubba's guy that found it and/or NASCAR to go ask those that had used the garage before if it was there, what it was, etc. Again, the very fact that we have seen no photos of this "noose" speaks volumes. What could have been resolved with a few simple questions was instead turned into a Jussie Smullet type spectacle because some people either are extremely stupid or have an agenda. The media fall in to the latter group, for example while they sure want to see Trump's tax returns, they have no interest in seeing the 'noose" that's at the center of this.

It has some of the same characteristics. Instead of asking a few questions of a few people who would know the history of that garage, somebody decided to flame this into a national incident. BTW, where is this "noose'? And I'd have respect for Bubba if he said that it was mistake to elevate this nonsense into a national big story over a door pull. Instead he seems eager to play half a victim.

Reply to
trader_4

Where are the photos of this "noose"? The lack of them speaks volumes. NASCAR knows damn well that if the public saw it, that they wouldn't look good, it wouldn't support what they turned this into. Otherwise we;d be seeing it all over the news. And the lib media know it too, they aren't demanding to be allowed to see it. If it was something to do with Trump, they would be all over it, demanding to see it, filing FOIA requests. "Where is the noose"?

Reply to
trader_4

I saw the picture they just released too but that was there for at least 7 months before NASCAR found it and they removed it before Wallace got there. He heard about it and was offended. We still don't know who had that garage bay for the October races when it was first recorded as being there. We also don't know if it was there for the races in April (2019). NASCAR isn't talking about it. I agree it was some kind on macabre humor but it took a pretty thin skin to call it racist if it wasn't targeted to one driver. There was certainly no reason to make a federal case about if NASCAR knew this was not targeted toward Wallace. BTW there were garage tours all three days of the October event and nobody said a word about this. We didn't even see pictures of it from the people visiting the garage.

gfretwell

More so than in the west? I think not.

Reply to
gfretwell

They have released the picture now but it still begs the question, why wasn't this an issue for the 7+ months that it was there?

Is Talladega really only open for the 2 weekends a year that NASCAR runs races there? How do they survive?

Reply to
gfretwell

LOL

Reply to
FromTheRafters

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt far longer than I should.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

I assume by now you've seen it. Every news organization has printed the photo.

Jim Joyce

Say what, now? You're hanging your hat on "We hung a bunch of black folks for the crime of being black, but they did some bad stuff out west, too."

Beyond ridiculous.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Good catch. Seems like an empty garage doesn't generate many questions. You cracked the case, Inspector Gadget.

Talladega has more than one garage. Besides, who cares if someone previously used the garage and didn't report it. That only makes things worse, not better. You understand that, right?

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Mostly true. NASCAR didn't "find" it, but whatever.

False. It remained there throughout the FBI investigation. It had not been removed before Wallace got there.

Somewhat true, but offended is completely the wrong word. Given the racial history in this country, along with current events, 'totally freaked' would probably be more accurate. And no, I don't expect you to understand that.

No one knew who it was targeted to at the time that NASCAR alerted the FBI. The obvious assumption, initially, was that it was targeted to the team who had just been assigned to that garage. I.E., the team representing the only black driver in all of NASCAR.

In other words, as usual you're throwing bullshit against the wall and waiting to see what sticks. The obvious tell is your use of the word "if".

See what I mean? There's that "if" again, indicating total bullshit is about to be dumped. Before the investigation, how would anyone have known who the noose was intended for? Clairvoyance? That's why you do an investigation, genius, to try to determine that.

NASCAR says it wasn't there at the beginning of the event and that it was placed sometime during the event. If it's not present in your photos, and assuming your photos would show it if it was there, then obviously it was tied after the photos were taken. You're on a roll, Inspector Gadget.

Reply to
Jim Joyce