Restocking button batteries

Yeah, I do too and for yard sales that open before the sun is up yet.

Managed to leave one face down on the table for hours on and was surprised that even tho it was noticeably less bright, it was still surprisingly bright. LED obviously.

Reply to
Fred

I use AA/AAA almost exclusively. I have three things that use a button or A23. The garage door opener, the car key FOB, and a wireless doorbell. I gave away all my C and D Maglites. My smoke/CO detectors use 10 year "lifetime" batteries, so no 9V. Works for me.

Reply to
Vic Smith

"check in" at various time periods. NTS clocks are still more common - but in many places the NTS signal is not available

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I used to listen to the Dominion Observatory. Isn't that in Canada?

There was ongoing action but not a lot of plot. Eventually I get bored and change freequencies.

Reply to
micky

Cordless phones. How quaint.

Its most important feature was that it have a numeric keypad. That's used every day. I only have to change the batteries once in a while.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Really, the keypad was the ONLY feature. There aren't that many digital kitchen timers with keypads. I would have settled for one that plugs into the wall.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Yes, dominion observatory is/was Canada

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I won't have one of those spy devices in my house.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Uses a standard 9v battery.

Priced for a yuppie.

Reply to
jimmy

Thanks, but "extra loud" is not what I'm looking for. My hearing is excellent.

I'm sorry you're poverty-stricken. $30 for a kitchen timer isn't out of the budget for me. Perhaps you should get a job and pull yourself up by your bootstraps.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

It has a 4-step volume control and you can further soften it with a piece of heavy tape over the 2mm speaker hole.

Reply to
jimmy