Pure gas vs E85

Sure, look at all the masktards hiding from a nothingburger virus.

Reply to
A noiseless patient Spider

Oil is fairly volatile but ethanol is a corn product and the government has it's finger on the scale for all things corn. It is interesting that hand sanitizer is $25-50 a gallon but that same alcohol in gasoline goes for $2.

Reply to
gfretwell

Isopropyl versus ethyl alcohol. Plus moisturizers, stabilizers, toxic perfumes, packaging, car payments to the seller, etc..

The show he is talking about is Penn and Teller "Bullshit" (on Amazon Prime) and yes they did get a bunch of greenie weenies to sigh their petition on camera. They have lots of fun with environmentalists. I have been in the ecology world for quite a while now and I find a lot of "environmentalism" is just a cult religion that does not deal well with science. They do not have to understand an issue to be adamant about it. Recycling is an excellent example. Our waste management company is trying hard to tell people what not to put in the barrel but hard core environmentalists think if they throw it in the barrel, it will be recycled and better than putting it in the landfill. Unfortunately it usually results in everything in that truck going to the landfill if the plant decides there is too much trash in there when they tip the truck. The reality is most of the stuff we think we are recycling goes to the dump anyway.

Reply to
gfretwell

Most hand sanitizer in ethanol. In fact we are getting "moonshine" hand sanitizer with that unmistakable smell of "first run" moonshine. It is probably run off at 80-90% in a single pass, not multiple passes like good vodka,.

Reply to
gfretwell

"moon shine sanitizers". Chuckle.

Don't forget the perfume to give everyone around you asthma

Typical trumpet logic. Make some claim, then when questioned to back it up, demand that someone else prove it wrong. Thanks for representing for the trumpets again Frank.

Reply to
trader_4

Which of course is not the claim you made. Funny how you have no problem coming up with that, but nothing to support your actual claim. Attempt at moving the goal posts noted. Were you at Tulsa Sat night?

Reply to
trader_4

And of course you pointed that out and spoke out in opposition when Trump increased the ethanol mandate, right Frank?

Reply to
trader_4

As with all such programs (e.g. Leno's Man in the Street), they have to interview 100 people to find two gullible suckers. One certainly shouldn't draw any conclusions from such programs, other that you can always find ignorance if you look for it hard enough.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Yeah, or one that was signed by GWB back in 2007?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Nothing I do will convince you but I can annoy you easily.

Reply to
Frank

When this started and hand sanitizer was in short supply I found local liquor store chain to be sold out of the high proof stuff. I think all above 60% which it takes to kill virus.

Reply to
Frank

Frank

A little off the subject, but squirting some isopropyl on some of the recycled John Wayne TP we got a hold of after about 5 minutes showed pretty green, blue, and purple spots. Hmmmmmm

On 6/22/2020 6:15 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote: ...

Unfortunately, it seems the odds are more than not the other way 'round in general populace. :(

Reply to
dpb

That's methanol.

Absolutely certain, no point in multiple passes with hand sanitiser.

Reply to
Rod Speed

In this particular case they got the organizer of the rally along with some of the speakers.

Reply to
gfretwell

They had some 151 rum when I looked but I wasn't sure I wanted to smell like Bacardi. Later I did go for the moonshine tho. It claims to be 80% ethanol.

Reply to
gfretwell

I haven't see isopropanol in a store for months.

Reply to
gfretwell