OT: Taxidermy and pets

Why?! Why would you want your beloved pet sat dead in front of you?
https://abcnews.go.com/US/grieving-pet-owners-opt-stuffing-freezing-drying-deceased/story?id 022869
--
A car hit an elderly Jewish man. The paramedic says, "Are you comfortable?" The man says, "I make a good living."

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Pillock.

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just --<space> on it in front of it.
On Thu, 17 May 2018 21:03:32 +0100, "Jimmy Wilkinson Knife"

Ol' Push-Huppy or The-Basset-Hassock makes a dandy footstool ! He looks quite "fetching" with the TV clicker in his mouth ; secret hidey-place under each ear ; and I'll let you guess where we put the bottle opener .. John T.

I was thinking that, but apparently it's very difficult to taxidermy a human. You can't get the skin to look right. Fur is good a hiding cuts made in the taxidermy process, and any skin discolouration and wrinkles.
I do like the idea that some tribes have of leaving a head of a dead enemy on a stick to ward off further enemies though.
--
What's long and pink and hard in the morning?
The Financial Times crossword.

Wasn't that natural death? If a polar bear got them, they'd have been eaten with no remains.
--
A waiter brings the customer the steak he ordered with his thumb over the meat.
"Are you crazy?" yelled the customer, "with your hand on my steak?"

Fussy aren't we? Bears manage without cooking humans.
--
US PGA Commentator - "One of the reasons Arnie is playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."
And Johnny Carson famously commented "That must make his little putter stand up"

And for some reason greenies want to preserve these nasty animals.
--
Which is it, is man one of god's blunders or is god one of man's? -- Friedrich Nietzsche

On 05/17/2018 05:50 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Franklin
It's been suggested it wasn't a polar bear chowing down...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysFKjWG_W54

Condensed version.

Well that was well planned wasn't it? "the entire crew died of starvation, hypothermia, tuberculosis, lead poisoning, and scurvy." How can an expedition die of FIVE things?!

--
When you own Llamas... spit happens

On 05/17/2018 07:37 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Diversity. Change the coordinating conjunction and it does read better.

You're using fancy posh terminology I don't understand.
--
Which is it, is man one of god's blunders or is god one of man's? -- Friedrich Nietzsche

On 05/18/2018 06:07 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
[snip]

That does remind me of the difficulty of explaining something to someone who doesn't know many of the words (and refuses to learn) and rejects most of the others,
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Conjunction just isn't needed in everyday life. Unless you're an author, who cares? The limit of most people's word types are: noun, verb, adjective, adverb.
--
If you feel tired, pull off at the motorway services -- Highway Code, UK.
How's that going to help?!?
On 05/18/2018 09:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Unfortunately I would have to agree given the dismal nature of public schooling these days. (US usage of public, not the British public school that is private)

But what's the point in categorizing words? Yes I used the US spelling, as that's how it's pronounced.

Again the US gets it right. Why do Brits (I'm a Brit but I think it's daft) call something that's privately funded "public"?
--
I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same god who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them -- Galileo Galilei

On 05/18/2018 10:22 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
[snip]

There was one type that in school they always called "forms of be". Strangely "be" wasn't one of them.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Never heard of that.
What always confused me is why they always quote a verb as for example "to run". Why the "to"? Why not just say the verb is "run"?
I also never saw the point in participles and perfect historic tenses and all that shit. To me there are three and only three tenses. Past, present, and future. "I ran". "I am running". "I will run". It's got to be either now, earlier, or later.
--
Paddy and his wife are lying in bed and the neighbours' dog is barking like mad in the garden.
Paddy says "To hell with this!" and storms off.
On 05/19/2018 10:38 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Move to Finland. There isn't a future tense. Or much of a past tense either although there is a perfect and pluperfect.
'Han' means he, she, or it, or maybe it is he, she, and it. Can't go wrong anyway and you don't have to slur der, die, and das hoping for the best.
Or as the renowned linguist Kris Kristofferson said 'yesterday is dead and gone and tomorrow's out of sight.'

English has things missing too. I can say "he mowed the lawn". I can say "she mowed the lawn". But there is no word to mean "a man or a woman". So if I don't know the sex of whoever mowed the lawn, I have to say "he or she mowed the lawn", which sounds clumsy, or "they mowed the lawn" which sounds like there were at least two people, or "it mowed the lawn" which implies the dog did it for them.
--
Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up every two hours?