How to clean the fiberglass seal on self-cleaning oven door?

We had some pumpkin pie filling spill on the open oven door when puting the pie in the oven. We were able to mop up 99% of it on the glass, but we missed a spot that ran down onto the fiberglass seal.

After the pie was baked and the oven cooled we ran a cleaning cycle, still not noticing the bit that had run onto the seal.

I know from what I've read that you're not supposed to "scrub" the seal because of the abrasion.

Any suggestions on how to clean the seal without damage?

TIA

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

WTF? How did that happen?  Somebody goose ya when you bent over to put the pie in?

Reply to
Joe

On Thu 17 May 2018 05:53:59p, Joe told us...

Nothing that exciting. :-) Too many people in the kitchen and one had their back to me and moved backward just as I was sliding the pie in. It could have been worse.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

  1. soap, water, sponge

  1. lye (Easy Off) then soap, water, sponge

Reply to
dadiOH

On Fri 18 May 2018 05:04:59a, dadiOH told us...

Thank you!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

+1

Steam is great for this kind of thing.

Reply to
None

I would avoid strong caustic oven cleaners on glass. Just use a gentle wash. Stain may be annoying but it is not seen on closed oven.

Reply to
Frank