OT: Taxidermy and pets

I've got a friend who does both occasionally. Otherwise he is sane except for the Star wars thing... According to Tacitus, my forebears figured out how to make jeans when the Romans were still running around in skirts, and the cuisine runs more to pork products and beer.

Reply to
rbowman

I know a few Scots who will wear kilts, but only at weddings, and only the weird ones.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I wouldn't. The deceptive thing (not really my pet, since not alive) would interfere with happy memories.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

That does remind me of the difficulty of explaining something to someone who doesn't know many of the words (and refuses to learn) and rejects most of the others,

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Agreed.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Even photos annoy me.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Conjunction just isn't needed in everyday life. Unless you're an author, who cares? The limit of most people's word types are: noun, verb, adjective, adverb.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote

Nilsen did with his victims. Propped them up on chairs and talked to them about his day at work etc apparently.

Rod Speed

Max Demian wrote

Nilsen was a real one who actually did that with those he had killed.

Rod Speed

They tend to come out of the closet for Robert Burns Day and the annual Celtic Games. Then there is the Celtic Dragon pipe band who will play at the drop of a hat. I try to avoid them. A little bit of marching bagpipers goes a long way.

Some people wear Utilikilts.

It would be an extremely cold day in hell before I'd run a snow blower in a skirt...

Reply to
rbowman

Unfortunately I would have to agree given the dismal nature of public schooling these days. (US usage of public, not the British public school that is private)

Reply to
rbowman

Warped, but not quite up to Ed Gein standards:

rbowman

Wimp.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

But what's the point in categorizing words? Yes I used the US spelling, as that's how it's pronounced.

Again the US gets it right. Why do Brits (I'm a Brit but I think it's daft) call something that's privately funded "public"?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

If you want to run your dangling bits through the auger, have at it.

Reply to
rbowman

rbowman wrote

He didn't prop up the corpse in an armchair and hold conversations with the corpse about how the day had gone at work etc.

Reply to
Rod Speed

A snowblower doesn't have an auger.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
[snip]

There was one type that in school they always called "forms of be". Strangely "be" wasn't one of them.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Never heard of that.

What always confused me is why they always quote a verb as for example "to run". Why the "to"? Why not just say the verb is "run"?

I also never saw the point in participles and perfect historic tenses and all that shit. To me there are three and only three tenses. Past, present, and future. "I ran". "I am running". "I will run". It's got to be either now, earlier, or later.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

He didn't have to; he was wearing the corpse...

Reply to
rbowman