Why (again) would you own a Lennox?

Customer calls without heat. Has a Lennox G26Q3-75-1. Its 12yrs old. Blower control board is out. Heat comes on, no blower. Heats up to the limit setting. Limit opens and fan kicks into high speed. Runs, cools off and lopsided cycle starts all over. I called the local Lennox warehouse and they toss me off to their 800 number. I call them looking for a 48K98 board. They are on back-order tilll probably the 20th? Then when they are in it takes couple days to ship to me?? WTF?? How do they think people will wait for this chit while the customers are freezing their asses off? Any Lennox dealers out there? Do you guys have any local pick up of parts or are you dumped to their 800 number and everything gets shipped to you? "Atta-Boy-Dave" Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Ha! You think Lennox gots problems, I went into my local Carrier distributor on Jan 10 to order parts needed to replace a hx on a 7.5 ton gas pack. Counter guy says yep, all parts are in stock in Syracuse NY, except one part, and the factory is showing negative six for that part. WTF is a negative six? I just got confirmation today I will be getting that part on 2-19. Six effing weeks without heat on a unit thats been in production for at least 12 years, all because Carrier is incapable of stocking parts.

Bubba, theres a local pickup Lennox distribution hub here, you want me to see if they got the board?

Reply to
gofish

There onna slow boat from China...

If I had my own way I would take thatfucking tax-dodging theif cocksucker Gene hASS out back and f****ng shoot him in the head.

Aww...oh well:

Guess better to just have me another beer, I spose....

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Please! Lennox has way better part stock then say Carrier. Just jumper R and G and order your part online...LOL Or tell the customer to call a pro and get the part same day. Order a #68k21 too, I bet yours is grey and buzzes. Or you can just find the crack and sell her a Trane :) Actually Lennox is good they ship a complete heat exchanger primary and secondary, new burner box too. 2 hour job, $500 flatrate labor.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Bubba, Johnstone may be able to cross reference the board to an aftermarket board to get it quicker.

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

Must be a global thing eh mate, here in Oz we had a run of boards go on the G24M and G24E series that were sold here a few years back, nah, cant get em, they are 8-10 weeks away, yes you read it, 8-10 f****ng weeks, by sea cargo, oh but we can air freight it in 2 weeks if your client is willing to pay the fare.

Try telling that to some of ya best clients........... anyways, one in particular was even willing to by a new furnace, hers was just out of the five year warranty period, and she was loaded, money not a problem, just wanted heat, sorry lady, that model is not available either, they're on the container too.

This is almost an annual event here, 49C10 motors, camstats, heat exchangers, you name it, we aint got it.....

Yeah, Atta boy Dave, ya f***in wanker!!!!!

Reply to
Justin

DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote

Ya...that'll work...if the problem is the t/stat... The problem is the relay on the board not responding...that's why you want a new board in the first place, and not a new t/stat....

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

How about if I just turn the fan switch on the thermostat from auto to on.........Dork. Why would I want a #68k21 too?? Oh, thats right. Because you just like to replace parts. No, its not grey and NO it doesnt buzz. No wonder you replace so many parts. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Thanks for the offer but supposedly no one has one. Since I got the customers heat back on, he said to give him about a week and then order it. He's kinda tapped right now. I told him Id do it now anyways and just wait to get paid. He said Nahh, just give him a week. Who am I to argue. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Tried that. They dont have a cross for it. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Heating relay, and cooling relay...seperate...understand Bob? R and G energizes CLG speed.

LOL

Either way, Would it be hard to hook the HTG speed in with line voltage and leave it run continously? Running the fan continously solves the limit problem. That was my point. The rest of the board still works and will heat.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Turn the fan switch to on! wow your smart... I didn't know there was an a/c, nor did I think your fat ass would walk upstairs to flick a switch when you can just jumper at the furnace. HAHA If you don't know what a #68K21 is you shouldn't be working on that furnace. Go order your parts online hack... I feel sorry for your customer.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote

Unit trips on high heat and energizes cooling relay.. Customer has no fan... Not going to get 110 volts to heating, cooling or constant leg.. jumpering R and G is a waste of time... Better to piggy-back heating speed to line 110 at board until a replacement board is available. I did this just 3 days ago....understand??

Ya...haha

No it isn't, as I just told you. Doing it your way with R and G won't work.

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

HAHA Bob your dumb...even bubbs should be able to point out your error.

I won't bother helping you ;)

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote

You know you're wrong...the rest of us know you're wrong... You were caught giving bad advice regarding jumpering R and G because, as you well know, you made a mistake. You tried to cover your mistake by suggesting it's just as easy to go directly for a 110 volt connection...after I pointed out your error. There's nothing wrong with making a mistake...it's just that you don't have the balls to admit it. You're too busy throwing shit at the others, so it's nice to see you wear it for a change...oh, one last thing......grow up please........

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

You're a clueless f****ng hack DANgER. You always have been and always will be. You've proved it here to everyone time and time again. You cant even figure out to get a decent newsgroup reader that posts properly. Again, something that is just way over your head. A 68K21 is a freaking combustion blower. You dumb bastard. Why in the hell would I change that when it works perfectly fine? You stupid f****ng clown. Once again I see how you do work. Just replace parts and run up the bill. If you cant figure it out the customers wallet is your way to freedom. How you get through life each day is beyond me. Hopefully one of your customers will figure you out one day and put a shovel through the back of your head. It certainly sucks to be you you damn stupid crooked hack. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

HAHA Bob you are dumb. Somebody doesn't know their sequence of operation. Closing R and G will energize the cooling high speed. That relay still works, as bubba said. So what is it you don't understand? The heating fan relay is bad, not the cooling relay.

Only an idiot like you would persist after I have already told them they were wrong. Grow up bob!

Have you ordered your part yet bubbs? HAHAHA

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

Reply to
Anonymous

HAHAHA at least I'm not an incompetent like you clowns. Order furnace parts over the internet...Where do you guys live, butt f*ck idahoe?

LOL

Idiots!

-Canadian Heat