So you wanna buy a Carrier.....

Went to a customers home today that told me their heat went out Friday. Actually it had been working intermittently for weeks. It got cold enough over the end of last week that the owner thought he better get the upstairs furnace fixed before someone called child services. Why the builder couldnt have made a closet on the second floor for that furnace with all the room in that house is BEYOND me! Up I go into the attic from the second floor closet in one of the kids bedrooms. Full of blow in insulation, no lights, no walk boards and no secondary drain pan under the unit!!! It is a 13 yr old Bryant

350MAV. Flashing a code about the gas valve relay or mis-wired circuit. It had the HK42FZ-004 circuit board in the inducer/burner compartment. My local Bryant dealer 30 miles away had one. Remember how you had to do the conversion and move the new board down into the blower compartment? Gee, they dont seem to be to worried about that anymore. Just a new board (kit) with a small wiring harness. Everything Bryant has takes a "kit" to fix it. Sounds better that way and costs more. $600+ later and all is well again. Unbelieveable what they charge us for that board and its all because of Bryants mistakes and revisions of it. I think its gone through over 5 revisions now. Oh well.......I just love those Bryants/Carriers. Keeps the cash flowing through my company. Bubba
Reply to
Bubba

I know the feeling....Carrier and Bryant ...sisters in the same closet....they can keep them. They are always upgrading or changing something and charging us out the nose. Yes, I realize it ends up in the customers lap...but still it make us look bad

Reply to
daytona°

I've replaced 5 boards and one blower motor on carriers in the past week. Last year it was Goodman that I worked on a lot, this year it seems to be carrier.

- All the free heating and air answers you want!

Reply to
Al Moran

Just think how many more you may have done last week if you weren't giving out free advice in your forum. Soon maybe you'll have nothing to work on. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba