Lennox G16 blower removal

Can the blower motor in a Lennox G16 be removed from the heater without disassembling the entire unit? The fan/motor assembly looks to be mounted on flanges hanging from the top of the bottom chamber, but it seems the bolts can only be accessed from inside the burner compartment.

Reply to
smcgroty

Nope. CAnt be done. Every screw on that furnace has to come out before you can get to the blower. Be sure you turn the electric off first. Its about a 4-5hr job. Good luck. Label all the parts and screws with tape in order. They are all different sizes. Lay them out on a white sheet and label them all. Take good notes and pictures will help. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

That's a pulse, perhaps the easiest furnace to remove the blower on. Look underneath, in the blower compartment, on both sides near the front, you will see two 7/16" bolts. Just take the 2 bolts out and the blower slides out of the track. Sounds like you were about to take the track out too!

Have you had a pulse test recently? What year is the furnace?

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

You need to order a burner-bolt wrench from Lennox Tools, Inc.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Wrench-Booster® from Snatch-On

Reply to
Tekkie®

Reply to
DIMwit

You mean "Strap-On Tools, Inc."?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

From hormonal depot ???

Reply to
geojr

Or HOMO DEPOT!

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

lol!

Reply to
geojr

HAHA doesn't surprise me your named geo jr.

You 2 like apples?

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

oh, another friend.......hehe still can't spell? I'll let you figure it out. Bubbal

Reply to
Bubba

"oh, another friend.......hehe still can't spell? I'll let you figure it out. Bubbal"

..he signs his name wrong!!!!

What a freakin bone head!

HAHAHAHA bubbs! You are the most pathetic, ignoramus person I have ever met.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

Reply to
Anonymous

keep trying, you forgot I work for geoman :0)

Reply to
geojr