OT: Silliest things on Ebay

What's the silliest thing you can find on Ebay?

To start you off, a single crisp with one side a different colour.

Commander Kinsey

I once saw someone selling a used potty for seniors...... Yuck...

Reply to
pothead

On Mar 22, 2023 at 2:16:14 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.home:

How much is shipping? How will they protect it?

And can you trust them give how it is all they seem to be selling?

Reply to
Snit

If properly cleaned and sanitized, not any different than a brand new one. Ever use a public restroom? That is real yuck.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I guess. It just seemed odd to me.

Reply to
pothead

A woman once successfully sued Walkers crisps because the crisps in a packet she bought were not whole. I fear for the continuation of the human race.

Nobody bid on it and he's relisted it! That will have cost him 36p (again).

You don't need to trust them, there is Ebay money back guarantee. That would give them a laugh. You could buy it, click the return damaged item button, and he'd have to pay the return postage!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It might not be. You can buy used dirty underwear....

Only in France. In the UK they clean them. The ones in motorway service stations have a timer saying when they were last cleaned.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Ah, the recycled toilet paper joke.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Apr 1, 2023 at 10:58:38 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.home:

They need to ship them with even MORE air!

I suppose I could. But I won't.

Reply to
Snit

She should stick to Pringles. Did the UK ever determine if Pringles can be called crisps?

Reply to
rbowman

On Apr 1, 2023 at 7:08:41 PM MST, "rbowman" wrote snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>:

Not only can they be, they must be or they would avoid a tax. I think. Would have to look it up again.

Reply to
Snit

Silly is not the word I would use to describe that posting.

Maybe the seller is short on cash?

:-)

Andy

Reply to
AK

That was the scam. They're less than 50% potato so they can't be crisps even if it says crisps on the can so we don't have to pay VAT. I think P&P got away with it for a couple of years before a slumbering politician woke up. You have to watch those trade agreements.

rbowman

On Apr 2, 2023 at 11:21:45 AM MST, "rbowman" wrote snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>:

The law goes by what is written... not by what is meant or what makes sense. People have tons of fun with that, and lawyers get rich.

Reply to
Snit

Snit laid this down on his screen :

FromTheRafters

On Apr 3, 2023 at 4:16:43 AM MST, "FromTheRafters" wrote <u0eciu$2upa2$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Keeps the lawyers rich.

Reply to
Snit

If you were placed in the back of a lorry, such that there was 99% air and 1% you, you'd still collide with the side when it went round a corner. You need some kind of structure to the air, like bubblewrap. Then she'd sue them because she ate the bubblewrap because there were no instructions forbidding it. I propose a new law. Anyone suing for something stupid gets shot on sight. Like the woman who didn't know coffee was hot, balanced it between her legs, then drove off and wondered why it scorched her vagina. Some people would pay for that.

Eat it, provide written testimony it tasted foul, and send back a crumb, carefully packaged of course.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Apr 8, 2023 at 10:04:45 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.home:

Edible bubble wrap.

There is more to that story... I would go with shared responsibility.

On it!

Reply to
Snit

As is usually the case on the internet, I found conflicting articles. These two say they ARE crisps:

These two say they AREN'T chips:

Since one of them says the decision was reversed later in the courts, I would have said they used to be not crisps and now are crisps.

But.... they don't say crisps on the packet.

Final word - I looked at a shopping receipt. I'm charged 20% VAT on Pringles, so they're crisps.

It all comes down to government theft, they didn't make those crisps, they have no right to my money. FUCKING LEFTY THEIVES!

And why the f*ck do Americans screw up every word, you've changed chips to fries then crisps to chips!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Apr 15, 2023 at 8:57:58 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.home:

Legally that seems to be the case.

LOL! You say this as you use public services. Oy.

Reply to
Snit