Crack in ceiling at the bottom of first floor shower tray

Hello,

I am noticing some cracks on the ceiling under the shower tray of my bathroom on first floor. It sometimes leaks but mostly stays dry. I am not sure if thd cracks are due to leakage but they do seem to get deeper and more noticeable covering more area of the ceiling than before.

Reply to
Nk

And so? It's leaking, it needs to be fixed, it's only going to get worse. You should first try to identify where the water is coming from. Run the shower and make sure no water gets on the floor. Still leaking, cover up the faucets with a sheet of plastic and tape, then run the shower to eliminate water getting behind the escutcheons. Look for cracks where any tile meets the tray, re-caulk if needed. Look for cracks in the grout, try directing water at one wall at a time, see if it gets worse. The point here is that it could be a lot of things, only one of which is a plumbing leak below.

Reply to
trader_4