Precision Robotics

Robots do a lot of repetitive functions very well. This is more singular but very precise

Ed Pawlowski

?v=-Xl2c91pWGc I first saw Unimates at the GE watt-hour meter plant in Somersworth NH. The meter bases were die cast with embedded magnets. The Unimate would pick up a jig, place the magnets in the mold, wait for the injection cycle to end, remove the part, knock the sprue off, and place it in a bin.

That was 1971. It's all gone now.

I was in the plant setting up an automated molding system to produce the phenolic part of the meter. That was before the corporations decided moving the operation to someplace with cheap labor was more profitable than automation.

Reply to
rbowman