Material for shower ceiling

Next question for this flat refurbishment.

The flat is in Edinburgh - many will recognise the cold-water tank over the bath configuration of 19th / early 20th century flats. There is adequate headroom for an over-the-bath shower under this tank - ie the ceiling at that point is level with the door and therefore something around 2.5m from the floor.

I'm instructed to tile the whole bathroom - all 10 + ft ceiling height of it ! (I am getting paid). But what about this ceiling area for the shower? What material should I use for that ? It's about 1 m square and currently plaster which seems sound.

Thanks

Rob

Reply to
robgraham