Shower type and aqualisa qu

Hi,

I am looking to fit a new shower and wanted some advice on whether certain types of shower were out of the question.

The property is a ground floor flat and currently has;

a) a boiler (above kitchen worksurface) and hot water tank at ground floor level- with hot water pipes run into the bathroom under the floor. b) a cold water header tank, which I think is mains fed - the tank is just above the ceiling and therefore what I assume to be gravity-fed ( the cold water enters the bathroom at ceiling level). c) an electric shower using the cold water feed from the ceiling.

I am looking at mixer or power showers, as a different option and suspect that I will have to pump the hotwater up from the ground level ( about 150cm partway up the wall) to get any sort of suitable pressure at the shower end (or am i wrong)?

I have been looking at the lovely aqualisa range of designer showers. Are they as good in practice as they are in design?

The pumped quartz range has a shoebox processor with built in pump (

) - and is celing fed. This is no problem for the colder water, but the hot would have to be channelled up the wall (230cm) into the ceiling to feed in through the top of the unit with the cold.

So would it make more sense to place the shoe box under the bath and choose a shower with wall mounted controls and run feeds from the bath to the control box( e.g.

).

Any other thoughts on a suitable choices - i.e. should I just stick with a good old electric shower instead?

Ta very much to any reponses?!

Reply to
JE