OT: Silliest things on Ebay

In which you refute the people running the courts were put there by the people.

No, control by nobody. Why do you want to be controlled? Can you not think for yourself?

There are two possibilities:

1) Plenty of people think like you and donate. This will presumably be the case for 50% of the population who currently votes left wing.

2) Voters of left wing are actually liars and scroungers and want to receive but not send. In which case they won't get.

No. Every man for himself. Or get a bigger car.

If you've worked hard to get where you are, why the f*ck should you pay for the minions?

Although I have no idea why people buy from Amazon.

Amazon take 15% Ebay take 10% Ebid take 5%

Society is what's left after the weak have gone. Go ask a herd of buffalo what happens to the weak. They slow them down. So they let the predator get them.

Your autocarrot is changing the words around? Not just a spellchecker? Don't give that much control to your "computer".

The exact opposite. I am very secure in my feelings being correct, therefore anyone with different feelings is completely wrong. How the f*ck did you come to the opposite conclusion?

You mean like our first past the post? You need to get over 50% in each area to get a person in?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Apr 16, 2023 at 4:39:06 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.home:

I note we do not have a representative government. I wish we did.

This with power WILL take control. The role of the government is to have protections for human rights and the environment. Libertarians suggest getting rid of those controls but refuse to accept the consequences of not having those controls (reduction in human rights and the environment).

The idea you will be able to counter that control, even as you note you cannot now, is absurd.

How do you figure? And donate to WHAT?

Again, how do you figure?

You set up a false dichotomy based on a faulty premise.

So control by those with more money than you and with nothing to limit the restrictions of your rights or the harm done to you by environmental damage.

No thanks!

They benefitted from a system. They should give some back. Be required to give some back.

You have little value for human life. I do. OK. But keep in mind others support you. You want to get but not give.

The Virtue Of Selfishness.... Ayn Rand. It is what Libertarians push.

Do not recall the exact wording. Went with the idea.

Nope. When others disagree you try to minimize them and their ideas. It shows you are not confident in your ideas enough to use logic and evidence to back them. You jump to ad hominem.

Your ad hominem goes counter to your claims.

For presidency. If you do not then it goes to the House, but instead of the normal rules of the house which are at least closer to fair representation, those in less populated states get extra representation.

Reply to
Snit

You do talk s**te. I just explained to you, I'm acting on evidence, your favourite little passtime.

"Evidence based policies" WTF does that buzzword even mean? You talk absolute twaddle. You should be a politician yourself. Listening to anyone left wing in government, they just go on and on and never actually make a point. They just wave their arms about. Right wing just does things.

I don't want equal rights, because people aren't equal.

You must have even better smaller parties. We have about ten, in both directions.

As with Jews, it's based on evidence, your favourite little topic. Every f****ng Irishman I've had the misfortune to meet is an illiterate innumerate no good wanker.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On May 7, 2023 at 11:45:50 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.home:

You are making bigoted claims based on your biases. You want a free pass. Not granting it.

Policies based on evidence. Studies. Things which can be shown to work. Things like reduction of teen pregnancy and abortion. We have evidence as to what works. Same with gun laws to some extent. Not that the Democrats do it perfectly -- FAR FROM -- but they do it better than the Republicans.

You think evidence is "twaddle". Sure.

They right wing tends to stick together more. They are more authoritarian so that makes sense.

I do want equal rights... which is not the same as equal outcomes.

Our system is set up to shut them out. It is insane.

Your claim of evidence is utter bullshit you will never support. I do not accept your FEELINGS. I do not accept your bigotry. You want a free pass to say bigoted things. You might get it -- likely will from conservatives -- but not from me. Not going to attack you or be cruel to you in any way, but will not pretend your bigoted, feelings-based nonsense is an evidence based, rational view.

Reply to
Snit

But that's what we have with the government. If there was no government, and some rich folk tried to take control, others of us could fight back. But you can't fight the government, they're a monopoly with arms.

Neither of those things should ever be protected.

Which would be cheaper, easier, and fun.

Because those who vote left wing think donating is good, so why would they stop?

And donate to charity. For example in the UK,the life boats are not government funded, but they still run. The RSPCA (animal protection) is also a charity, it still runs.

They vote left wing to get benefits. If I'm wrong, the above would work.

Stop using big words to sound clever.

No, rich folk never received benefits.

I do not believe I should get. But if they're willing to throw away money I'll take it.

No, they believe in every man for themselves.

What?

Why would I waste effort dismissing the obviously stupid?

I'm not even going to bother looking that up.

I'm still not going to look that up.

It's a big complicated mess. Even so called proportional representation just makes it more complicated. They should simply have one vote for one voter. Whoever gets the most votes is in power, or has that proportion of power.

Party A gets 40 million votes. Party B gets 30 million votes. Party C gets 20 million votes.

The only sensible ways are either:

Party A gets in power absolutely.

Or all parties get to vote on everything, with a ratio of 4:3:2.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I'm making observations and stating facts. Why do you call that bigotry? Jews are the weakest link and they get upset when the big boys bully them.

Best to just get on with things rather than "study" them.

You do, with respect to Jews being mean theives.

No, left wing is authoritarian. They want to control everything. Right wing wants to let people do things themselves, let companies rule the country instead of the government.

Why isn't it?

It's mainly the stupid tactical voters shutting them out.

Do you or do you not admit Irish are thick?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Jun 8, 2023 at 10:25:34 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.home:

You offer a false premise. You are stating your views and what you see as facts, and those things are filtered though bigotry.

This is an example of that.

I like facts. Evidence.

You make a bigoted claim here.

Incorrect.

It generally is split like this. Left and right on the, well, left and right. Top is authoritarian and bottom is libertarian.

Nope.

This is clearly untrue.

There is no mechanism to make one lead to the other.

More than that.

I do not agree with bigoted claims.

Reply to
Snit

It is an observed truth. Just because they got beaten in the war, they won't stop going on about it.

Why study politics? It's just people being stupid. Study something worthwhile like science.

It's an observation of reality. They sue people to make money by claiming to be poor little picked on folk.

That's utter bullshit. Left (in your country that's democrats) are all for controlling everything and providing for the people. Right (in your country that's republicans) are all for free will.

I don't see the difference between the two. Point out your subtlety.

It is observed. I have known many Irish.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Jul 14, 2023 at 1:32:21 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.1729z7fumvhs6z@ryzen>:

Your intuition... which is not reliable or accurate or based on any evidence. It is based on your bigoted lens.

As seen though a bigoted lens.

Reply to
Snit

It is a fact they lost the war. It is a fact they don't stop moaning about it. no lens used.

100% of Irish I've known were stupid.
Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Jul 15, 2023 at 11:48:34 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.174zu8cmmvhs6z@ryzen>:

As seen through your bigoted lens. Sure.

Reply to
Snit

You're cut and pasting like those 2 digit IQ Indians.

And not making any sense either. Stupid is not subjective. It is entirely measurable. For goodness sake they fought against themselves in a war.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Jul 16, 2023 at 5:30:52 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.177adqramvhs6z@ryzen>:

There is really nothing to add: you claim groups are X, but your only evidence is your subjective intuition. Even if there are trends in a group it does not apply to all. You generalizations are there to put others down to feel better about yourself. That is largely what bigotry is.

Reply to
Snit

The stupidity of others. To make up for the money stolen from me in taxes to pay for others.

Find the part in

which makes your point, I can't see it.

You have yet to provide a sensible response to my:

You're not even speaking English anymore. You sound like a politician.

That is a very vague statement, does it have anything to do with our discussion?

No, communicate in normal everyday English.

I agree, the latter makes more sense. B and C could be similar parties with regards to some policies.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Jul 18, 2023 at 3:23:34 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.18attkzwmvhs6z@ryzen>:

That is a very pessimistic and unrealistic way of looking at things. I opt to be thankful for the assistance of others when I get it, and appreciate that I live FAR better than I would if I lived on a deserted island. It is simply a fact we all do.

Does not mean I approve of how taxes are collected or spent. Lots of room for improvement... but I do not like playing victim as you describe.

"Commentators [have commented on how she] failed to recognize its importance in human life."

To me that matters.

The answer is simple: this assumes any one person is going to know the needs that can be seen only on a broad scale, and that people in general will put themselves at a competitive disadvantage. Doing so means they will, on average, do less well and you will have those least willing to help doing the best financially. This leads to human suffering and at the extreme to slavery. I do not back that in any way.

We all benefit... we can all be required to give some back assuming we are in a position to do so. There is nothing immoral about that.

You simply want to hand wave things away based on your emotion / intuition. You are not secure enough with your ideas to actually test them, or look to the evidence to see if they are supported.

The term "ad hominem" is common.

Right. No more worrying about splitting the vote.

Reply to
Snit

On Jul 21, 2023 at 4:38:34 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.18ghakxdmvhs6z@ryzen>:

In the US, home owners get government support for their mortgage interest.

Reply to
Snit

As we do here if we are unemployed for a long time. Rent or mortgage interest, seems fair. If you become unemployed for three years, and you have a larger mortgage, why should you have to move house?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Jul 24, 2023 at 8:09:26 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.18ma10hfmvhs6z@ryzen>:

No, here it is even if you have a great job and more money than you know what to do with you get housing assistance in that way... meanwhile I know a woman with MS who is in a wheelchair and diapers and has a failing mind who just got evicted because there was no assistance for her.

Reply to
Snit

There is nothing subjective in observing Irish stupidity.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They managed to achieve independence. How is Scotland doing these days?

Reply to
rbowman