OT: Silliest things on Ebay

On Aug 6, 2023 at 7:55:03 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.19ac11jxmvhs6z@ryzen>:

Then it should be measurable.

Reply to
Snit

No, if you work hard you only get to keep half of it.

No, you prefer to let others pay for you.

You prefer to think with your heart than your head. That shows utter stupidity. It's how animals behave.

Stop waffling. The fact is if enough people believe like you that we should help others, you'd continue to do so. If all government taxes and help for the needy was suddenly taken away, you would pay the same amount as you currently do in taxes to some charities of your choice. And it would go to genuine causes, not the bullshit the government spends it on.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

We're forced to give it back according to the beliefs of someone else. My way, it would be up to you if you give some back.

Contrarywise, I do not think with emotions. To do so makes you on a level with lower animals.

Just how do I test these ideas? I cannot change the government.

And why would I need to test something I know would work? Testing is for things you're not sure about.

In ancient times maybe, it's Latin.

It would stop those stupid tactical voters who only think short term. To thwart those morons, we could also have a dual vote on the voting cards. Vote for who you want in power as usual, but also vote for who you would prefer in power (with no actual effect other than to be published for the next election). So you might vote for a major party you think might get in who is reasonable, but on the second vote you write in the small party hardly anyone votes for who you'd really love to get in. Next election, people see loads of folk like you want that little party, so they vote for it for real. Or we could just shoot anyone stupid enough to tactically vote.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

'Lower' animals don't delude themselves; they act. Humans act and then dream up some after-action narrative to make them think they have agency.

Reply to
rbowman

On Aug 27, 2023 at 2:31:53 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.2act3f0imvhs6z@ryzen>:

And then things would be even worse. No roads. No air pollution standards. No food safety. Not interested.

I get the fantasy you want. I just prefer to live in the real world.

Your whole idea of just let people donate where they want and it will somehow work out is emotion based. There is no logic there. And you repeatedly use emotion over evidence.

You do not KNOW it would work... you FEEL it would work. That is what I am talking about.

And in modern English.

I could go for that.

Reply to
Snit

On Aug 27, 2023 at 2:31:35 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.2act2xw3mvhs6z@ryzen>:

I get taxed and I get benefits I did not pay for... benefits that far outweigh the taxing, esp. if I am very wealthy.

Does not mean I think taxes cannot go down if we handle things better, or that things are handled well overall, but the idea of just utter chaos leading to a better outcome. Nope. That is not realistic.

I prefer having the benefits of society. Sure. I would not do well on a deserted island.

I do care for others... but that does not support your claim I am not thinking with my head. And you think animals think in terms of their society and what is best? Curious.

I am quite clear there.

This is a misrepresentation of my views.

This is again a misrepresentation of my views. You are arguing against a straw man.

Reply to
Snit

Weird. As I said it makes sense to assist more for those with a bigger house so they don't have to move. But I don't understand you having mortgage assistance available but no carers.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Sep 6, 2023 at 7:52:41 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.2aut93wimvhs6z@ryzen>:

I do not see the value in helping those who are already rich... but those who are poor, esp. though no fault of their own, sure... we should help them.

Reply to
Snit

The north part didn't.

And they fight each other over some silly religion. They're both christians, but there's some minor difference apparently. Something to do with if you're allowed to use condoms I believe.

We realised we can steal money from the English more easily by being part of their silly kingdom. I actually got two sets of handouts during covid, one for being British and one for being Scottish.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That was the Brits doing. The 1798 Rebellion was led by the United Irishmen. The organization was originally formed by the Presbyterians who were as poorly used by the Anglican gentry as the Catholics. The Catholics joined in against the common enemy. Wolfe Tone, who I believe was an Anglican, helped to facilitate the union.

After the Rebellion and the short-lived 1803 rising led by Robert Emmet were put down perfidious Albion drove a wedge between the Presbyterians and Catholics. Common tactic; the US perfers the blacks to be fighting with the white rather than both fighting with the government.

If nothing else 1798 is remembered by 'Minstrel Boy'

Roddy McCorley was a Protestant too.

Reply to
rbowman

Bollocks. I can want to do X but decide to do Y because of say financial gain in the future.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You try tying down an Irish thug and getting him to do an IQ test.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You try tying down an Irish thug and getting him to do an IQ test.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Sep 14, 2023 at 2:43:23 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.2a89alw9mvhs6z@ryzen>:

That would not be a good sample size or selection.

Reply to
Snit

Then do it more than once obviously.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Do a double blind study and try to account for cultural differences.

Reply to
Snit

What's that mean in English?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Sep 16, 2023 at 6:52:43 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.2bc955e3mvhs6z@ryzen>:

It means it is time for you to learn English.

Reply to
Snit

There have been a couple of attempts to design an IQ test that takes into account the different experience of the African-American community. The Asians did really well with it, the Africans not so much.

Reply to
rbowman

Why take it into account? That would be like you and me doing a running race, working out you can run 20% faster, so having you run 20% further to even us out. Not a race then is it?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey