OT: Silliest things on Ebay

I speak normal English, not poncy showoff I know more words than you English.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Sep 17, 2023 at 1:44:03 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.2beqjpdvmvhs6z@ryzen>:

You claim to speak normal English but then do not understand normal English.

Reply to
Snit

That's 'cause he's Scottish!

Reply to
David Brooks

On Sep 17, 2023 at 9:10:48 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote <cyFNM.31393$ snipped-for-privacy@fx18.iad:

LOL!

Reply to
Snit

It is not normal English, it's upper class poncy English.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Anyone wanting those things you donate to them. If not many donate, they clearly aren't wanted.

You want to live in the current mess, run by control freaks.

Evidence is only required for those who cannot think.

It's blindingly obvious how it would work.

Only if you're an upper class poncy twit.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It's a strange concept even in sports. What does it mean to 'win' when you're not the best?

This leads to

and ultimately to a culture of mediocrity that is not competitive in the

21st century. It is just as racist as the KKK.
Reply to
rbowman

Benefits higher than taxes? I doubt it. The government are in it to make money, it's the biggest con ever after insurance.

Taxes go down a lot if you just stop spending.

Then you are removed from the gene pool.

It really isn't that hard to survive on an island. Animals manage it without any money at all.

You can't do both.

Yes, lion prides.

Clarity requires conciseness. Consision?

What? You believe in helping others, donating your money as tax to help the less well off. Well if there are loads of folk who think the same, they would do so voluntarily, to charities.

No, it's the second half of the paragraph you chose to split.

What is it with your proverbs?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If you were an atheist, would they both shoot you?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Probably not although I doubt anyone wore a t-shirt saying 'I am an atheist'. The rebellion was inspired by the American Revolution, the French Revolution, and the Enlightenment ideals. I would expect some were deists or agnostics.

Reply to
rbowman

We are both far better off than we would be in an island by ourselves.

You can’t get anything done without spending. I think this is more of your black and white thinking. Either all good out all bad. You can’t see how it can be both.

If you’d be better off why not move?

I can and do. Remember I am not as limited as you are with your black and white thinking. False dichotomies don’t impress me.

They sometimes eat their own cubs.

I’m against the slavery your ideas lead to.

You argue against a view other than mine.

You assume I have sufficient money to make a significant difference. But your system would lead to that being even less true.

What if many think like your straw man? Not relevant.

Nope. You misrepresented my views.

Proverbs?

Reply to
Snit

Please back this. Included in your assessment the increased poverty your system increases.

You argue showing a simplified and inaccurate straw man.

Incorrect. I want to have equal representation. Out at least closer.

That is a deeply ignorant comment. You have emotion and religious fervor. I go more with reason and evidence.

You have religious conviction. I get it. I don’t but into your religion.

It’s a common term.

Reply to
Snit

It’s common language.

Reply to
Snit

If someone owns a big house and has no spare cash, and is earning just enough to pay to live, then they stop working, are you saying they should have to sell the house?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On Sep 24, 2023 at 3:15:21 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote <op.2bsqrvpzmvhs6z@ryzen>:

Nobody can work? No open rooms to rent?

Reply to
Snit

Few people live within their means. Whose fault is that?

Reply to
Klaus Schwab

Banks. But you can f*ck them over. I cancelled £70K of debt.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Here in the US, as long as you give 10% to the Big Guy you can pull any scam you want.

Reply to
Slevin

Explain.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The DemonRATS played dumb, acted like they didn't know who the big guy is. Their MSM fake news even team tried to cover it up. Unfortunately for the DemonRATS, the truth emerged.

Skid Marks