OT: how can I return an item I bought to Walmart? curbside purchased, cannot mail?

I bought a pair of cheap Sony videocams to evaluate as I was considering keeping one, and then giving the other as a gift. I thought I was going to like the camera, but didn't. Since I bought the first one on Walmart's website online, I was able to do a free return using the same method as received (snail mail). However, I had bought another identical camera at the same time except curbside when I had stopped to get some groceries. Now the problem is that I can't seem to return the camera by mail even though I checked their website and it indicated that curbside returns could be snail mailed. I chatted with their customer service one day and they said the same thing. Since I have a health issue and was not even able to get the vaccine, how am I supposed to return this videocam, which was never opened after my evaluation of the first one? Your suggestions would be welcome here. I have a 90 day return window, but of course I want to return it asap. Thank you.

Reply to
Albert A

Taking it back to the store where you bought it would seem best option. I returned one mail order item to the local Walmart store and another by Fedex. I read that Fedex home pickup has a $4 surcharge.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Like I said above, I can't take it back myself. When I returned the other via FexEx, there were no extra charges. Problem is that they don't want to take back pick ups unless brought into the store.

Reply to
Albert A

Call the local store and see if they can handle a "curbside drop-off".

Or ask if  a relative/friend/neighbor can do the return (with receipt).

Reply to
Anonymous

I thought if you went there for groceries you could drop it off. People here are masking and distancing just like before there was vaccination.

My wife is recovering from knee replacement and I've been dropping off stuff for her. Maybe family member could do it for you.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Yes, I read that part.

Can you Fedex it to the store, Att: Returns, or probably better, Customer Service. Include a letter that says whatever the receipt they want you to sign will say, like i authorize the money returned to be returned to the credit card to which the order was charged, and sign it.

Anything else that you would do if you were there in person? I can't think of it. Maybe a secodn copy of the paper above but the size and shape of what they woudl use. I don't know what that is.

Or get a friend to take it back. Maybe he'd have to have your CC and your driver's license and pretend he is you?

Reply to
micky