OH TEE. Insurance $20,000/year??

From CNS news:

Supposedly the cheapest health insurance plan under Obamacare for a family of four will be twenty thousand per year. Letssee. $20 per hour, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks in a year. Mr. Bing says that is $41,600 per year. Almost half of one wage earner's gross income would go for insurance. Do the Internal Revenue Services' assumptions make any sense? Thing ain't lookin' good for the home team if so.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Yea - drudge was running that story recently.

Again, all I've got to say is that if I believed in a god, I'd be thanking him that I'm a Canadian, living in Canada...

And if I were a Brit, living in the UK (you reading this Harry?) - I'd be pissed as hell that the NHS is demanding my records from my GP (family doctor).

You people have no idea how good life is in Canada these last 13 years...

Reply to
Home Guy

Min wage is about 7.50 or so, right?

.

From CNS news:

Supposedly the cheapest health insurance plan under Obamacare for a family of four will be twenty thousand per year. Letssee. $20 per hour, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks in a year. Mr. Bing says that is $41,600 per year. Almost half of one wage earner's gross income would go for insurance. Do the Internal Revenue Services' assumptions make any sense? Thing ain't lookin' good for the home team if so.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And the last time I checked, health insurance in Australia cost a

*maximum* of 2.5% of *taxable* income (added onto tax payable).

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Is that out of pocket or total cost? In America we don't do as good of a job of hiding the cost of health care in payroll taxes, etc.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

And, where do the Feds get the money to "pick up" that cost? Hmmm?

.

Not to worry, remember that the Feds pick up a portion of the cost.

Your citation was for 2016; one I saw was for 2013 for a family of four with an income of $60,000. I don't recall the exact figures bit the projected insurance cost was $12K +; of that, the government would pay about 60%. Naturally, those earning less would receive a larger portion paid for them.

It won't be long before that McBurger takes a whole $20 bill.

dadiOH

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

the govermint shood pay it all for me an my 14 kids. make it free like my obamaphon.

Reply to
Obama 47

I don't know what the total cost is. The 2.5% (max.) is what Joe Taxpayer pays directly. Note that it's on taxable income, so those with no income (kids, unemployed, students, etc.) are still covered.

I have no current information on co-pays.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

You'd be surprised at how much simpler your life becomes when you incorporate as a Subchapter S. No more 1099s, for example.

You pay yourself a piddly salary and bury most of our out-of-pocket expenses as corporate expenses (gasoline for the 'company car,' medical costs, repairs, all of it).

Heck, a corporation can buy a Class II weapon (machine gun, mortar, etc.) without fingerprints, photo, permission of the local chief of police, and so on). Hint: As a reason for buying the weapon, enter "INVESTMENT" in the field.

Reply to
HeyBub

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I'm an S corp. Did it to protect my own assets from law suits. Tax deductions not that big, maybe 15% of income. Have not tried to deduct the cost of a corporate gun. Something to think about ;)

Reply to
Frank

Apparently, I need a sarcasm emoticon.

Reply to
dadiOH

From all you rich Mormons, of course. Aren't Mormons the original survivalists?

It's a yolk, son, it's a yolk.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

The latest figure I found for Australia is 9.4% of GDP.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

I was incorporated and did all the corporate stuff before I became very ill. I work as hard as I can when I can but have to hire much younger and able bodied guys when there is a lot of climbing or crawling around to be done. I'll get back into the swing of things as I recover my health. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Simple until you get audited. Then if you having done a heck of a lot of C.Y.A. on "the 'company car,' medical costs, repairs," etc., expect jail or bankruptcy.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

Just imagine the headlines:

"Eat your heart out Monica, this baby started early!" "Family friendly Obama declares employment improving (while the baby cries)" "Obama repeals unfair Bush infant rape laws" "Obama brings home another baby to Michelle"

.

I do believe Obama could rape an infant in front of national news TV cameras and be given a pass by his P.L.L.C.F. supporters. The President continues to harp about job creation when his administration does nothing but take actions which destroy jobs. When the heck are the sheeple going to get it through their thick skulls that government can not create jobs, it can only interfere with the creation of jobs. O_o

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

We just LOVE it when Obama our Beloved Leader gives us FREE things from Washington, where all jobs are created.

No , you didn't need any useless emoticon.

your own sacrasm emoticon, here! It will improve your poorly worded crap by 300%.

  1. ssf Sarcastic smiley face. Ever hate it when you're texting someone and you try to be sarcastic, but they just don't get it? That's what ssf is for. Dude, I love you... ssf

  1. emoticon An emoticon, sometimes called a smiley, is a sequence of printable characters such as :) or ^_^, that is intended to represent a human facial expression and convey an emotion. Use in internet forums and instant-messaging. emoticons:

:) smile :( frown ;) wink :P or :Þ tongue sticking out: joke, sarcasm or disgusting

8) has sunglasses: looking cool :O surprised :S confused :'( shedding a tear XD laughing, eyes shut (LOL) XP Tongue out, eyes shut ^_^ smiley ^.^ see above, but rather than a wide, closed mouth, a small mouth is present ^_~ wink

=_= bored

-_- annoyed

-_-' or ^_^' or ^_^;; nervousness, sweatdrop or embarrassed. ¬_¬ or _

Reply to
Stormin Mormon