what is a SAN TEE VENT?

My sink gurgles. I was told I need to add a San TEE vent. What is a San TEE Vent?

Reply to
Donrickey

Whomever should've meant a Sanitary Tee to a Vent pipe or Air Admittance Valve. A Sanitary Tee is a plumbing pipe fitting that allows pipes to go in different directions. The Tee ( T ) would be turned sideways and your sink drain would go in the side (bottom of a previously upright T) and another pipe would go down to continue the sink's drain while a 3rd pipe would go straight up to a vent setup of one sort or the other. The Vent is like taking your finger off of a water filled straw that let's the straw breathe and allow the water to fall or flow out...instead of gurgling by trying to breathe through your finger.

Reply to
Anonymous