Tee Nut - but not!

Hi

I'm struggling to put a name to the component I want so that I can locate a supplier on the net.

That is, I am looking for something similar to a tee nut, in that you drill a hole into the wood, insert the tee nut and then screw a bolt into it. However, a tee nut just fastens to the wood using prongs that dig into the wood. What I want is more like a metal shaft, with some form of grip/teeth out the outside that I can hammer into a hole in the wood that a bolt can then be screwed into. I'm sure I've seen such things, like on a 2-piece snooker cue...

Does anyone know what I mean and if so what's the correct name for such a component?

Thanks Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

Ping

Any good ? ....

Ash

Reply to
Ash

Or ....

Ash

Would these help?

sure you can get other sizes elsewhere. Mike

Reply to
Old Git

Axminster do 6mm & 8mm inserts

Old Git

Mike

YES, "threaded inserts".. those are the beasties. Good old Ebay also has stacks of them:

Thanks guys :-)

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus