Liquid Electrical Tape?

Found a reference in another group about Liquid Electrical Tape.

New to me ...but one brand is Permatex.

?Weatherproof protectant for wiring and electrical connections

?Goes on as a liquid and dries to a flexible vinyl polymer

?Resists dirt, dust, chemicals, and moisture, ensuring that connections stay intact

?Brush top applicator allows coverage without gaps

?Suggested Applications: Ignition Wires, Underground Wiring, Outdoor Lighting Fixtures, Bilge Pumps, Terminal Blocks, Exposed Wires

FYI / YMMV

Reply to
Oren

Really good shit Maynard . I've seen it used in control pods on motorcycle handlebars . Makes a weathertight insulation , and a lot less hassle than using heatshrink tubing .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I've never used this, or been around when it was used. Probably costs more than electrical tape on a roll, but worth it in some situations.

When I was a kid, they sold "tape solder" which was flat pieces of resin core. Wrap the wire, and heat with a match. That was kewl.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon