liquid nails removal

I took out the shower door because it's all moldy and rusty. The bottom rail which sat on the tub edge looks like it was stuck on with Liquid Nails. I've scraped the hell out of it but I can't seem to get it all off. What do I use to get the final film off? See attached image.

badgolferman

I'd start with mineral spirits. Note that you may have to leave it "wetted" for a while given that this is "old".

[I routinely use it to clean up tools after a job -- including liquid nails]

If the porcelain is really smooth, you can try a razor (like for peeling wallpaper). OTOH, if you intend to leave this area exposed, you might want to be a bit more cautious...

Reply to
Don Y

Usual warnings apply: ventilate, no flames, etc.

Reply to
Don Y

I find that paint remover attacks quite a few various "things". Porcelain s hould be untouched by it, but I don't know about fiberglass. Whatever you try, it may take a few hours to even start to soften it. Single-edge razor in a holder is what I would try first, then the paint remover on whatever is left.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Back months ago when I had some deposits on my bathroom sink and after discussing it here decided to use wood popsicle sticks to push the stuff off... it worked well but months later, there was a chip in the porcelain where I'd been working. A much smaller area than what I cleaned, but I think I cause it.

Reply to
Micky

Just clean it off with some Vodka or Everclear. You should only need an ounce or two. After the glue is off the shower, I'd drink the rest of that bottle as a reward for doing a good job! Alcohol fixes everything, and if it dont do the job, drink it and you wont care about the job anymore!

God made alcohol because he loves us!

Reply to
Mike T.