dissolving Liquid Nails?

The framers of my new house got some Liquid Nails (construction adhesive) on the concrete floor of the kitchen, and I need to remove it (we're acid-staining the concrete). Anyone know what solvents would dissolve this stuff? I can't pry it off.

Thanks,

Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

I would call the 800 number on the Liquid Nail tube or visit the website of the manufacturer.

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

There are two flavors (formulas) for Liquid Nails, the original and a newer water-based kind. I prefer the original -- seems to set up faster -- and can only comment on that.

The solvent is mineral spirits, according to the label on the tube, and I've used that to clean up some excess goo. But first, use a knife or razor to cut out as much as possible because it takes a LOT of elbow grease with mineral spirits.

However, with the porous concrete you may not have much luck. Give it a try.

Jim Stuyck

Reply to
Jim Stuyck

After you get the surface adhesive off you'll not be able to acid stain so that the area that had the adhesive won't show.

Phil

Jim Stuyck wrote:

Reply to
PC

Look for a product called "Liquid Claw Hammer." (Sorry, couldn't resist ;-)

Seriously though, I have had moderate success in letting it dry for a while, then using a (sharp) paint scraper. You might try hardening it with some ice, then scraping it.

-Chris

Reply to
Chris

Belt sander..

Reply to
Leon

If you have a Fein detail sander, try the scraper attachment. If you don't have one, it's a good excuse to get one, you won't be disappointed.

Reply to
Kennor