jennair W256 oven

I have managed to keep this oven going for 16 years! It has consumed two touch pad panels and two digital "clock" controllers, a oven sensor , seals and othe rmisc items. I wonder if this is typical it seems a very expensive oven has ended up costing a lot in repairs. The cost of the touch panels are over $200 and the "clock " is $170. I have done all respirs myslef including resoldering the relay boards ( soldering failed due to poor workmanship and heat cycles ). The touch pad failure is due to the heating they get during normal use, I have thermally insulated the last one and it has lasted 10 years! ) The actual failure is due to poor crossover in the panle and is not field repairable.. if it was at all possible I would do it. ) Just FYI it would be possible to make a universal controll panel that could fit most ovens and would only cost about $200 , it would keep these going for many more years and save a lot of space in the dump.. ! Any interest let me know and I can do it! I am looking for new oven 24" dual elelctric ... ideas anyone.

Reply to
supercoffeefilters

anyone got an old unit with good glass , mine is cracked and I would like to replace it. thanks ron

Reply to
supercoffeefilters