Jenn-Air Oven Beeping - F0

My Jenn Air W276 oven is beeping and displaying the F0 code. If I disconnect the ribbon cable from the clock to the keypad, the beeping stops and there is no error code on the screen. (Of course I can't use the oven because I can't enter anything in :). I've seen that this error is a stuck key, or somethink to that affect.

I'm trying to figure out if I need to replace the whole clock assembly (which I already did about 2 years about), or if the keypad needs to be replaced (or if it can be replaced separately). I haven't been able to find the keypad as a separate part listed on any web site.

This actually started a little while ago when I got home from vacation and found the oven beeping. It's wasn't a continuous beep, and it doesn't seem to follow any pattern (ie - it isn't short, short, long or anything like that). It went through a serious of beeps, pauses, and does a different set of beeps, pauses, a different set of beeps, etc. After removing power from it for a day or so, I got into the state I mentioned above.

Thanks for any help you have,

-Steve

Reply to
Steve

Hi,

F0 code is often a stuck key panal pad :(

A copy...

**F0 - Function key stuck - Replace touch pad or clock assembly (also called the ERC)**

Is that the complete model#?...some are W276W, W276B...soem also have "run" or "series" #'s to go along with the model# for parts ID.

One version can be seen from link below...

That does sounds more like a key panal issue.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

I will add:

- once the repair cost gets up over maybe 50% of the replacement cost - replace it - *if you can find another one which will fit without major cabinet alterations.*

It is often difficult to replace older built-in appliances because (except for dishwashers) their sizes are not standard.

JMO

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Thanks for the advice. I tried the hairdryer trick and it didn't work. Unfortunately, this isn't a very good time to drop $200 on the oven (not that there ever really is a good time :). Is there anything else to try? If I do need to replace a part, do you think it's definately the Control Panel, as opposed to the clock part?

Thanks again.

-Steve

Reply to
Steve

Not that I know of.

That's what the failure code F0 is suppose to indicate.

It is sometimes possible to disconnect one from the other to see if the error returns. If it did return even with the keypad disconnected, the problem would usually be elsewhere like the control itself. If it didn't return, it would likely indicate the problem was caused by the control panel (which is no longer in the circuit to cause the error).

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Hi all,

*Similier* to checking for an F1 code....

Gain access to the back of the clock (electronic range control or ERC). Unplug the touch pad ribbon connector from the ERC. This will be a flat wire approx. 1 1/2" to 2" wide. Make sure everything is clear and will not short out when power is turned back on. Turn power back on to stove. Watch for the F1 and listen for the beep. If you get the F1 and beep, replace the ERC. If after approx. 30 minutes you do NOT get the F1 and hear the beep, replace the touch pad.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Let us know how you make out after replacing the control's keypad.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Since the microwave is connected to the oven and I need to use the microwave, I've actually been in the setup described above for several days (ribbon cable disconnected, power on). When I reconnect the ribbon cable, it starts beeping and giving me the F0 code again after about 10-15 minutes. Guess that's pretty definitive at this point that I need a new touch pad.

Thanks again for eveyone's help. It's nice to know there are resources out there like this available to the homeowner for same basic repairs.

-Steve

Reply to
Steve

That does sound more and more like the key panal/touch pad problem for sure.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff