GE oven fault code F7

Can anyone tell me what fault code F7 means in a GE oven, model JTP15 B0W1BB? The code (and anoying beep) came on when the oven was not in use (and had not even been on for weeks!). It stops if I hit the clear botton, but starts over after a few seconds. Many thanks in advance. Alessandro

Reply to
alessandro

Hi,

I got JTP15BD1BB & JTP15BA1BB to work for me.

Built in oven?

A few F7 codes.... F0 or F7 - Shorted Clear/Off Key due to membrane switch, control or connector - Shorted key panel membrane switch; Check Electronic Range Control (ERC)

F7 - A = Function pad button stuck or B = Bad clock Unstick button or

- Replace Electronic Range Control (ERC)

F0, F1, F7 - Stuck keypad may mean relay is turned on. - Determine if problem is with the Key Panel or Control by:

  1. Pushing CLEAR/OFF pad.
  2. Disconnecting Ribbon Cable from control and waiting at least 32 seconds to see if Code recurs If code recurs, problem is in the control. Replace control. If code does not recur, problem is with the Key Panel.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff