Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stations in residential property

Bullshit... You think that it is easier to do... Normal people don't store that much gas on their property unless it is in an inspected and licensed tank facility on some sort of commercial or farm type business...

In fact what you are doing is clearly asinine and you put yourself at risk of being terribly burned in a car accident at least six times a year since you idiotically decide to transport 50 gallons of gas in your car...

If for whatever reason you NEED to keep doing this your way, either buy a containment platform to keep your drum on in case it develops a leak (or you neighbor decides to damage it in some way so it leaks, then calls in to report fumes and seeing the drum wet/leaking which would result in a Hazmat response to your house and expensive environmental cleanup costs) OR buy two UL approved flammable liquids storage cabinets and store 5 of the 5 gallon containers in each cabinet inside your garage...

Yet you keep doing this knowing that your neighbors clearly object to it... You are setting yourself up to be in a position where even if someone commits an act of arson or some vandalism against you, you will end up having to pay for the damages it caused anyone else as you chose to store that large a quantity of fuel on your property when if you look at everyone else on your street, they probably have no more than 2 or 5 gallons of gas in a container and a 20 pound propane tank for a grill...

Reply to
Evan

People buy canned food so they have food that will stay fresh longer, and so they can have a supply on hand just in case the supply of fresh food is interrupted during some sort of weather related or other emergency so they can continue to eat once the few days supply of fresh food they have on hand runs out or can not be properly stored and has to be disposed of...

Grocery stores are very nice concepts, however when they have no electrical power they are unable to sell you any of the foodstuffs they keep locked up inside...

"Stock up on batteries" you mean buying a package of batteries that has 40 AA batteries in it... LOL... By your logic and the way you purchase and store gasoline you would be buying cases of batteries once a year and storing them -- that is not normal...

Normal people do not buy batteries two at a time, but they also do not buy cases or pallets of them to keep a hoard of batteries on hand either...

Normal people have more than one set of clothes because if they do not have more than one set of clothes everyone around them will look at them oddly even if those clothes are washed every night before they are worn the next day...

Normal people do not wear the same exact clothes every day -- this is why when children go through the phase of wanting to do it parents try to discourage them out of it...

The firewood analogy seems to be the closest one to the point you are trying to make -- although in a storm where you would be needing the firewood to heat your house by the fireplace would you want to have to go outside and get wet or cold in order to obtain more fuel? Nope...

Most people keep the woodpile out and away from their house and will bring some additional wood inside when they are warned of some extreme weather or cold coming soon so they don't have to brave the elements to keep warm during the main event...

Wrong, there is something wrong with someone using the authorities to harass and annoy other people... If you feel it was your neighbor, ask the authorities just what format these anonymous complaints were received in: if written letters that is excellent, you have to touch a piece of paper to mail it and there will be fingerprints on it all you need to do is obtain a sample from the suspected neighbor and subpoena the original complaint from the authorities and hire a forensics lab to do the comparison for you; if it was received via the telephone, excellent, all you need to do is subpoena the telephone records of your neighbors which will indicate the calls to each of the inspectors who paid you a visit, unless they were devious enough to procure a pre-paid cell phone to use in this dastardly plot against you, then it becomes something that law enforcement needs to investigate because of the sheer number of subpoenas that are involved to piece things together; if it was an e-mail, those are trickier, but a subpoena to the ISP or owner of the domain name in the e-mail address will result in the name of the user of that account...

Again, there would be a pattern of calls made by one person/telephone to all of those inspectors that would not be random -- especially if the first visit didn't result in what the caller was looking for and they called other additional inspectors from more agencies after that took place...

That sort of thing is using the government to harass and annoy...

Reply to
Evan

Transporting fuel of any quantity not contained in your vehicle's factory designed fuel tank across state lines requires a federal license to do so -- case else you are committing tax fraud on the state of your residence by evading the gasoline tax on fuel you clearly intend to use within your state that you purchased in another and making a federal offense out of it by crossing a state line...

Reply to
Evan

Transporting more than a few bottles of liquor across state lines which can only be used as gifts is utterly illegal... Alcohol and tobacco products are required to have state tax stamps on them which prove that they were lawfully obtained and had the taxes paid on them... States require that you have a proper license and permit to be able to sell either of those items...

Transporting either of those commodities across a state line in quantities of more than a gallon of hard liquor is a serious federal offense...

Reply to
Evan

Hi, My house is beside community mail box. People come to pick up their mail from their keyed boxes. Some used to toss cig. butt onto our lawn. I got upset and started to pick up the butt and give it back to the person who threw it away burning. After a while they quit doing that. Any how I think the OP is very unusual playing with gasoline like that. Or is it FUNNY? Maybe accident waiting to happen. I hope he does not get burned or his house does not go up in smoke sooner or later.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

They are probably more than happy to go out on citizen complaints false or not. The only reason they wouldn't be is if it caused them to miss out on some revenue... which is doubtful.

Government historically encourages people to turn in their neighbors and family members, the USA is no exception these days.

Reply to
Brent

Info on transporting.

I found nothing about federal laws and taxes though. I don't think they give a damn about not paying the state tax. When I ran trucks, I had to track the miles in each state for fuel use, never in a car. Feds did not care what we did.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Most guys siphon from the car to the boat -- gas is usually cheaper on land. I've heard of folks fuel up the boat on land, before launching at the slip. Something is odd, here.

I fuel the vehicles at the gas station, cause I live in a trailer park, and I'm sure the park would not like fuel storage.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This is all true.

I think this is BS. Fed taxes have been paid. They don't care much. The other state may though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It was tempting :o) In that particular condo, one could get into enough trouble being nice, so didn't want to push my luck. Condo board, for several years, were very, very hostile to those who wanted the place properly maintained....it wasn't about picking a color of paint or any other minor issue. Eventually, enough units were sold (after the real estate crash) that the bad actors were no longer in power.

Reply to
Norminn

Reply to
Bernie Ward

I've had neighbors just like this....

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Sending in "tips" to the IRS and local tax authority can have amusing results

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Ever hear of not top posting?

> Most guys siphon from the car to the boat -- gas is usually cheaper on

Reply to
Steve B

It is going to get worse. The Brown Shirts are coming back. Rat on your neighbor. Rat on your parents.

A good friend of mine has a 16 year old daughter. She is typical. Can't understand why mom and dad have reservations about things like tattoos, body piercings, going to raves, staying out until 3 AM, etc.

Girl gets class at school that teaches her about domestic violence. Plus all this other ammunition of what legally constitutes domestic violence. She was told that if someone blocks her exit from a room, that is reason to call 911. Armed with all this ammunition, she's ready to go home and show Mom and Dad who's REALLY in command.

Daughter is being a putz one night, and dad puts his foot down. Daughter wants to retreat to bedroom before hearing all of what Dad has to say. Dad blocks way. Girl eventually gets to room, and calls 911.

Cops come. Parents, local very successful established businesspersons, are taken away in handcuffs. Children are taken into protective custody by officers whose duty is to protect and serve. Daughter and son spend six months in foster care. Family is finally reunited after six months.

Mom and Dad cannot have future children because of medical reasons. Were planning to adopt, but with domestic violence record, are permanently forbidden to even apply.

Daughter comes to Mom, and says that if she really understood what the consequences were, that she would have never called 911.

But, sorry, that wasn't included in DV101 at school.

The Brown Shirts are back.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Sounds to me like you are ALREADY getting back at your neighbor, with all that fussing over gasoline going on next door to him.

Reply to
Larry W

The people who state that it wuld be easier to just fuel up the car at the finning station are right, but they are missing the point. If the OP just fueled up at the ga station, he would have to find something else to do to irritate his neighbor.

Reply to
Larry W

Might be common, but not typical.

It is truly hard to believe that a child was removed only for that reason. Lots of upstanding, successful people beat and molest their kids...read the news! Very sad, whatever the case.

I've seen plenty of d.v. close up; most often there is booze/drugs involved. Worked in drug rehab for a while and heard accounts of abuse that are hard to imagine...easier for women to counsel for it than for men, it seems. Hard for men to acknowledge being a victim, so it goes into storage.

Teaching about d.v. in high school has my vote - a lot of students are already in abusive relationships and a good number will be parents shortly.

Reply to
Norminn

I presume you were forced to call code enforcement many times?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

New one, to me. Thanks for sharing. That is almost a Darwin award candidate.