Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stations in residential property

That would work. It would have to be reasonably cost effective though. The Volt payback is in decades compared to a similar gas powered car.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

But it can be done at 68 to 70 degrees indoors, not at 10 degrees and a 30 mph wind like re-fueling.

I'm taking option 1.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It is cheaper to run as the IC engine is not very efficient. The initial cost though, makes it prohibitive. I had the cost some time back and the payback for me is something like 28 years. I forget the numbers so I'm not going to guess here.

From what I've read, the heat and AC is not very good either, as you'd expect. I want some comfort in my 25 mile commute.

If the initial cost can be competitive in a small car, it would be good for the city commuter, the trip to the supermarket type of trip. That day may come, but it is not here yet.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Being 50 years older is one big reason. When I was 16 I could do a lot of things easer than I can at 66. I could even do some of them two or three times a day. :)

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

ZDNet-

What a total waste of resources.

Reply to
krw

Try driving your toothbrush to work.

Reply to
krw

He certainly ended up that way.

Reply to
krw

After you brush your teeth with your car.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

My assumption is that the electric car will come to pass simply because it's going to be a lot cheaper and simpler and faster and more profitable to manufacture and sell. Technology moves fast these days.

Reply to
dsi1

His fans tend to be a little kooky...

Reply to
dsi1

No resources was wasted in the posting of this message...

Reply to
dsi1

I'm sorry, my religion does not allow me to discuss such matters in mixed company. For was It not Jesus that said "thou shall not center post?" =F0=9F=8E=85

.
Reply to
dsi1

No doubt we will have a model that flies, too, before long! :)

Reply to
Larry W

On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 15:16:40 -0800, "Steve B" wrote Re Re: Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stations in residential property:

Good move.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

I think the electric car is being forced on us, by politicians who have little connection with reality. And want us to have the least effective consumer goods that can be forced on us. Detergents without phosphate, and the list goes on from there.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You mean two or three times a NIGHT, don't you? On the other hand, it now takes me all night to do what I used to do all night.

Reply to
HeyBub

The can didnt blow up because the air-fuel mixture was too rich to ignite. Heating it just made it more so. Fumes escaping from the can probably did burn as they mixed with air and was ignited.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE