Shed plans

Hello, Has anyone built this shed using these plans from rockler ? Your opinions greatly appreciated. Alternatives welcome as well.

you.

Reply to
Jack

You should ask the local building department if they have some "mastered" plans. They do here in Lee Co. Fla. That avoids the problem of having to tear it down if some nosy neighbor sics code enforcement on you. The guy across the streeet from me had this happen to him. He left the mess from the demolition in hopes that was less asthetically pleasing to the trouser snake who ratted him out but the lesson is, if it had been a code conforming structure, he would only have had to pay for the permit and the fine. BTW I still think it was his ex-wife who ratted him.

Reply to
Greg

dis Rockler (although they do tend to have identical items as other places at higher prices), but this is the exact same shed that was in Popular Mechanics a while back:

(Popular Mechanics link). If you're knowledgeable about building you can probably go from their drawing w/o the plans.

I showed the plans to a co-worker who is the city's building inspector, and while he thought it was "ok", it was a little on the minimal side. He was not keen on a lot of if including the 1/2" CDX decking, the trusses or the framing being 24" OC. I ended up building a regular 20'x24' garage but may still do this one (beefed up) for mowers etc. since I like the looks of it.

-- Cheers! Duke

Reply to
Dukester

information I found on the shed which is one of the better ones. I am still looking for plans for a timber frame model with ship lap which is more Colonial looking and probably cheaper to build than using T-111 Plywood at $35 sheet in Connecticut.

RKON