Have you noticed more bad English

I was away from my usual activities for 3 months in the spring, but since I've been back, it seems there is a lot more Chinglish than there was in descriptions of items for sale. Has anyone else noticed that?

This is not really an example of that, but this is unusual too: "By the way,this rubber jack pad smells like rubber is supposed to smell,a little bit stinks when new."

Funny, I think.

micky

"Have you noticed more bad English" That in itself sounds "bad'.

Reply to
Thomas

Yes. I noticed "bad English" in your subject line.

On the other hand, I haven't noticed these guys in a while...

DerbyDad03

Another interesting further down:

"Frequently bought together DEDC Jack Pad Universal Slotted Frame rubber jack pad MEDIUM size $6.49 Small Universal Slotted Polyurethane Jack Pad Frame Protector by TMB $5.95 Torin Big Red T42002 Steel Jack Stands: 2 Ton Capacity, 1 Pair $19.26" Total price: $31.70

Oh, I see this isn't the best example since the first item is medium and the second is small, but what I've noticed is that they often claim things are bought together which woudln't be, because no one needs more than one. They claimed an extra wide convex rear-view mirror was often bought together with an extra wide flat rear-view mirror. No it wasn't.

This is the only place where I've found Amazon to be cheating. I like that they have more pictures and descriptions with greater detail than any other advertising I know. And now I like that you can look at your orders just by logging in. Walmart wanted the last 6 digits of my order number and another copy of the email address I used with them. I figured I didn't need to look at my order after all.

Reply to
micky

I guess it sounds bad to you, but I don't think it's wrong.

It's not wrong grammatically and I don't think it's wrong syntactically.

It's a common idiom that means badly phrased English, but there is nothing wrong with using the shorter form.

Reply to
micky

It depends on the word grouping. "more bad" English may be wrong, but more "bad English" isn't. When In first read "more bad English" I thought it was the latter.

Considering bad English, I got a little Chinese-made camera that fits on a keychain and looks like a car-alarm remote. It's easy to use but the instructions that came with it are nearly impossible (really bad English translation). Good thing I'm not afraid to try the buttons.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd