180 dollar pocket axe

you can also spend more for the titanium if you need to get rid of money

the head fits in your pocket but you have someone else carry the handle so that way you can say you have a pocket axe

i guess you could carve your own handle while hiking or camping but

you always need a handle so i think of this as a novelty

not a terrible idea to make it easy to switch handles but a handle typically lasts a long time

the titanium makes little sense since the head weight is a crucial part of an axe

well it is a hatchet but klax is more catchy than klhatchet

Reply to
Electric Comet

It looks like an expensive solution in search of a problem.

"It will help you to get through situations where carrying a full set of dedicated tools is just not possible or realistic. Here are a few examples? stuck on the roadside in the backwoods and need to build a lean-to for shelter injured hiker needs an impromptu travois stretcher) to be carried to safety hiking and need enough wood for a small cooking fire hunting and want to make small game traps forgot the hammer and need to pound in the tent pegs starting the split on a small log without many knots * need to dig a hole ..."

For the cutting uses listed, camping saws like these work just fine. They're even more portable and cost a whole lot less:

For pounding tent pegs? Use a big stick or a rock.

Digging a hole? They've got to be kidding. If you must, you probably have a knife with you that would do the job in a pinch.

The multi-tool gimmick? Get a real multi-tool.

Just Wondering

nb

Reply to
notbob

I know the Ka-Bar is popular. Not to start a blade war, but personally I like this:

The main problem is that it's too pretty to put to the same hard use you might put yours to.

Reply to
Just Wondering

My first concern was related to the clamps that hold the head to the handle. They address that concern to a certain extend when they point out that you need to tighten the clamps with the knob several times, ending with:

"Typically it will no longer loosen after about five minutes of use, but make sure to check it anyway."

I recommend that no one stands in line with this tool while it is being used. (Not that anyone should *ever* be standing in line with someone using an ax)

I also recommend not using this tool while facing a body of water or a cliff. "Splash" and/or "Oh Crap!...Clunk...Bounce...Clunk".

Reply to
DerbyDad03