Hard water - not filtered by water board?

Nah, you simply fed the troll. Just killfile the loser and move on.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

No, I pay for sewage (disposal), just as I pay for water (supply) and el= ectricity (supply). Paying for sewerage would be buying my own pipes.

-- =

"Get as far away from the nuclear explosion as possible" - Rodney McKay,= Stargate Atlantis.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Like council tax? I was surprised to hear that I'm not actually ripping my council off. They're charging me council tax based on the value of my house in 2000 (which I thought was a mistake so I kept quiet). Yet if I sold my house to someone else, they'd pay based on the value of the house now (which would be considerably higher). What an insanely stupid system.

No, only in drier areas, not in Scotland, North England etc.

Top tip, never ever tell your water company you've built a swimming pool.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Why are you claiming to have killfiled me yet you can see my posts? You're a PATHETIC LIAR.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Indeed, one doesn't want one's faeces cluttering up the surface of one's bowl does one?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I was responding to you when you said "we do clean it regularly, as one should".

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Why not consume an easier drink?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

They don't count if they're fake copies, where people can't be bothered thinking up new names.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

"Cloverleaf".

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

By design?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I don't have to, because in Scotland we have real water.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

That's double what I pay in Scotland. But in Scotland water is everywhere. Humidity is never below 60%.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

In those days soap didn't dissolve as easily as today's soap.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Water isn't supposed to have a flavour.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Probably some stupid EU safety directive.

I give things away using freecycle or gumtree. There's always someone starting out or divorced etc that can make use of something.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Why are you replying to someone you'd allegedly killfiled? Are you a li= ar by any chance?

-- =

What's the German word for Vaseline? Vienerslide.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

:

=A3240 a year here, including sewage.

-- =

The evening news is where they begin with "Good evening", and then proce= ed to tell you why it isn't.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Best not to confuse it with grated cheddar.

Did you ever have a "copper"?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I had one of those. Bought in 1978 and only thrown away around 2015 as it had a slight leak - it still stopped when it boiled. I'm pretty sure it didn't eject the plug if it overheated - not that I was ever so foolish as to turn it on with no water in it - I think it just cut out and cut in again when it had cooled down.

I think it's the one where the earth connection was the outside of the socket that ejected the plug if it overheated.

Reply to
Max Demian

Why do you say "foolish" instead of "forgetful"?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword