Shower arm spins and spins but will not come out

My shower arm unscrewed fairly easy but when I got to the end of threads it just spins and spins will not unscrew .I've pulled well everything I've never seen anything like it I have done this task several times b4 no troubles please help thank you
replying to Bigjay, Iggy wrote: I haven't seen it before, since it's so easy to correct. But, I've heard that some plumbers that put the drop elbow too far back will screw in a nipple and a coupling as the correction of their poor work. If you have this situation, you're bottoming out on the coupling inside the wall. If you confirm that with a screwdriver only going as deep as the wall, then you'll have to chisel the hole larger in order to get the coupling and nipple out...the escutcheon will still cover the new hole.
On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 11:14:08 AM UTC-4, Iggy wrote:

What you're suggesting is that it has a coupling on it and it's hung up because the hole in the wall is too small. Could be. But you'd think he'd then be saying it's loose and flopping around., pulls partially out, and just won't come out the rest of the way.Typically those holes aren't tight and you'd think it would be kind of obvious that it's hanging up on something, but he says it just turns and turns. Also, is this what we think it is, ie a shower arm 1/2" pipe that goes from the shower head into the wall? There are other shower gizmos today and shower arm may mean something else to the OP.
replying to trader_4, Iggy wrote: We'll have to wait and see if he gets back with any progress. Maybe you're right and it's some never-should've-been-buried, installed, approved, allowed nor patented Quick-Connect or Shark-bite type of PEX idiocy.