Hard water - not filtered by water board?

I have seen (many years ago) some industrial permanent magnet units, larger bore than the domestic ones, but splitting the flow into several parallel smaller bore pipes.

There seems to be some evidence that they work, although it's not conclusive. The 'wire round the pipe' electronic jobbies don't work.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

What kind of antique newsreader do you have? I jut clicked on it and it worked. You don't need arrows to recognise a URL.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

There's no need for a cure, as the URL as originally posted wasn't split. They only get split when people have their wrap turned on AND their newsreader is stupid enough to wrap a single word (or URL).

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

They should, as presumably they create a magnetic field just like the permanent magnets do.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Do you know it works? Have you noticed less scale anywhere?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

No reason the meter can't be fitted inside your house, or don't they want to enter the house every year to check it?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The UK is soaking wet. Paying for water is ludicrous.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

:

What's absurd is when they "ban hosepipes" as though the 5% domestic use= has any bearing on the 95% industrial use. It's quite funny when your = neighbours all glare at you watering the garden.

-- =

Peter is listening to The Who - Behind Blue Eyes

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

maybe it is in your little bit.

Reply to
charles

It's VERY soaking in Scotland, but England is still very wet. If your water board can't supply enough water, then it should make another reservoir.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

What's the problem with starting with tap water? They did add things to it it you know.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Who or what is an RO?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

How stupid do you have to be to drink water that comes out of your tap black?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

RonNNN

I get the taste from the drink, I don't need flavour in the water itself. If your drink needs flavour from the water, it's a rubbish drink.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I simply answered your question... "Who or what is an RO?"

Reply to
RonNNN

Sorry, my comment was directed at Ed, I didn't realise someone else had answered.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

As in the real one, not the fake copy in the USA.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Your water board certainly isn't if they charge you for one thing based on the other.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 21:33:53 +0100, charles wr= ote:

rote:

Because of course those two are linked. Next: electricity charge based = on gas consumption.

-- =

The German for nipple is "Brustwarze" - or "breast wart".

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword