Frog-phobic man awarded $1.6M

[...]

"This newly created wetland caused mosquitoes to breed and frogs to gather on plaintiff's property, about which plaintiff is particularly phobic," the court wrote in an opinion dated March 21. "Consequently, plaintiff had problems traversing his property without the assistance of his family and friends, whom plaintiff would often call on to remove frogs from his driveway and near the door of his home."

"I'm petrified of the little creatures," Marinaccio, 65, said in Monday's Buffalo News.

Read more:

Reply to
Oren

Being American I expect he might get some comfort if he carries his six shooter. Or go and see a shrink. Typical American paranoia. Afraid of everything. So how will $1.6m help his paranoia?

It's part of American fear culture. Government instilled as an excuse for all the phoney but financially rewarding wars they start.

Reply to
harry

Fear of the one of the smaller Bahamian islands???

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

"Marinaccio sued Clarence, a Buffalo suburb, and Kieffer Enterprises Inc. after runoff diverted onto Marinaccio's property from a new Kieffer subdivision turned it into wetlands.

A town engineer initially said the water would flow into a ditch elsewhere on Kieffer property. The town later discovered the ditch was actually on Marinaccio's property, and that it was too small to handle the flow of water.

Lawyers on both sides said Monday that Marinaccio's frog testimony amounted to just moments of a more than three-week trial ? and may not have affected the jury's award.

Read more:

-----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

Fear of freedom. Had to look it up. I learn something from Oren every day.

Reply to
Frank

I figured that from the background on how Eluthera was named. But couldn't contain myself (grin)

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

And I was thinking he makes these words up!!! :-)

Reply to
harry

In this case, I have to side with harry. We *ARE* doomed as a nation.

I mean, jeez louise, he's already got grounds for a legitimate lawsuit over having his land turned into a swamp, that will make him independently wealthy for the rest of his days.

Making such a huge deal out of this frog "phobia" he supposedly has is akin to $hitting himself in the middle of the lobby in city hall, with hershey squirts running out his pant legs on to his shoes. Dignity, gone.

Reply to
dennisgauge

er having his land turned into a swamp, that will make him independently we althy for the rest of his days.

in to $hitting himself in the middle of the lobby in city hall, with hershe y squirts running out his pant legs on to his shoes. Dignity, gone.

How much dignity does a 65 YO with 40 acres and a fresh $1.3MM in the bank need?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

ver having his land turned into a swamp, that will make him independently w ealthy for the rest of his days.

kin to $hitting himself in the middle of the lobby in city hall, with hersh ey squirts running out his pant legs on to his shoes. Dignity, gone.

Well if he was into construction and was wealthy, he should have known about all these consequences done something a lot earlier. The whole story sounds fishy to me.

Reply to
harry

having his land turned into a swamp, that will make him independently wealthy for the rest of his days.

to $hitting himself in the middle of the lobby in city hall, with hershey squirts running out his pant legs on to his shoes. Dignity, gone.

It sounds froggy to me. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Anuraphobia. I just made that up.

Or maybe herpephobia? Is that afraid of frogs or an STD?

Reply to
harry