How to bury your guns

I ran across this article on another newsgroup which dealt with some of the conspiracy theorists in the US that are burying guns and ammunition in case they need to shoot someone someday.

It is an interesting read, and covers many things I hadn't thought about if, for instance, I wanted to bury something valuable somewhere.....

Perhaps you will find interesting also..

Reply to
Robert

Yes, funny peculiar. There are some sad, sick bastards in America. They need to get out (of America) more.

People have buried valuable things for thousands of years, I'm surprised you only just thought of it.

If you have any money, it might be wise to convert some of it to (real) gold/other precious metal and bury it, never mind stupid guns. The gov.will be stealing it in a few years, right out of your bank account. Things is gonna get a whole lot worse in my opinion.

Just the begining.

Reply to
harry

I ran across this article on another newsgroup which dealt with some of the conspiracy theorists in the US that are burying guns and ammunition in case they need to shoot someone someday.

It is an interesting read, and covers many things I hadn't thought about if, for instance, I wanted to bury something valuable somewhere.....

Perhaps you will find interesting also..

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

With enough guns - and bullets - everything else, including gold, is obtainable.

Reply to
HeyBub

Your government will shoot you down in the streets like dogs. Why do you suppose they are buying so many munitions?

Reply to
harry

Yeah, but we're buying up all the guns and ammo and burying it in our back yards so that when they do start shooting, we can shoot back.

Still trying to figure out WHY they'd be killing everyone though...

If everybody's dead, who's lives are you gonna control to make yourself feel important and special?

Why do you suppose they are threatening all this gun regulation when they KNOW all that's going to do is make people buy MORE guns?

It's like they're trying to stuff the genie back into the bottle by rubbing on it.

Reply to
dennisgauge

We're not Europeons, harry.

Reply to
krw

Perhaps the prevalence of firearms ownership by common citizens in the USA will make such a plan less likely to happen in American than in Cyprus...

Reply to
Larry W

One of the "fact finding" websites has done an investigation regarding the US government's purchase of over a billion bullets. Here is the website :

It seems the Social Security Administration is buying hollow point "man stoppers" to protect against future assaults on their offices. Apparently, they feel that old people are hard to kill......

Reply to
Robert

After Obamacare kicks in, they're going to be some pissed. Maybe they know it.

Reply to
krw

Now stop that. You'll have Texans believing in their own mythology. (-:

Texas helped the South *lose* the Civil War the last time all this secessionist BS came to a head over 100 years ago. When it comes to historical data, Texas hasn't performed as well as "Don't Mess" advertising would have us believe. Even the centerpiece of the "don't mess" mythology, the Alamo, enshrines total defeat at the hands of a vastly superior military force. So maybe the saying should be "Don't mess with us Texans or we'll show you and commit mass suicide!" Seems to be the solution chosen by both Col. Bowie and David Koresh. Maybe they should change the saying to "Don't Masada with Texas."

So if the claim is really that you shouldn't mess with Texas because Texans would commit mass suicide to make a point, I would agree. But winning a battle out of sheer pluck against all odds? Not so much.

Yes, it might be harder to pacify Texas than other states, but there will be plenty of Federal forces left to deal with any remaining rebels once Texas is dealt with. All these ammo buys by the Feds are a guarantee that *they* won't run short of ammo needed to pacify Texas while also guaranteeing that civilians won't be able to stockpile massive amounts of ammo. At least ammo that's not Korean or Boer War surplus (hyperbole alert!) oozing goo.

As for the dream of modern, heavily armed Texans repelling the Feds with ease, I am sure David Koresh is all smiles, sitting in kiddie-killer hell, recalling how things ended for his Texas v. Fed "test case." As a grease spot.

Neo-secessionists seem to confuse the idiotic kid glove "fight a war but don't muss any hair" rules we've labored under in AfRaq and elsewhere with what would happen if there was real open rebellion on US soil. If taking the Koresh compound was simply a military and not political matter, the "Branch" would have been pruned in one day, maybe even in under an hour.

Based on the recent killings of apparently well-armed prosecutors in Kaufman, TX. I'd say that "don't mess with Texas" myth is eroding daily. The most recently murdered DA had guns, had forewarning and was in his home/castle when he died. Somehow, his guns didn't protect him very well. Although it's only speculation, a good CCTV & alarm system with a safe room might have done better.

As for "brother won't ever kill brother" - another popular meme of neo-secessionists - see "US Civil War" (and in fact most any civil war) to realize that brothers, cousins, uncles, etc. have been killing kin in wars since the dawn of time and will likely forever do so. Remember Guardsmen gunning down students at Kent State?

Brothers are likely killing brothers as I type this in Syria, Africa, etc. and ironically right now on TV as I type this sentence a Syrian rebel is saying "they were like brothers to us BEFORE the revolution."

The Feds can draw "security personnel" from 49 other states and private, foreign contractors, and many (most?) of them would be happy to shoot a traitorous Texan or two or twenty if so ordered. A couple of sheriffs and PFC's around the US dumb enough to say (on camera!) they won't enforce laws they don't like does not constitute a real protection for the neo-secessionists and their friends.

I'll admit it could be entertaining to listen to some of the Texan gun enthusiasts walk through *precisely* how they expect this devastating armed resistance to the Feds and their military grade hardware is going to work out in detail. My guess is that they'll probably be unable to do that because they'll be so busy falling all over themselves hurling epithets and insults in an effort to cloud the real issues. They resort to that name-calling tactic precisely because they *know* that their proposed solutions don't hold up under even reasonable scrutiny.

To me, civilians arming in the hopes of resisting Federal forces is as badly thought out as arming teachers nationwide to try to prevent the extremely isolated incidents like Newtown. It demonstrates no one making those proposals has really thought hard about how they might actually play out in the real world. I suspect proponents like the NRA really don't

*want* to perform that analysis because it's so unlikely to support their claims. The money would be much better spent elsewhere to improve school security.

In the end, we'll likely find that Texans who thought they were armed well enough to stand off the US military and Federal LE will be converted to dark, greasy spots on the floor in short order.

Why? The military has standoff weapons and drones. They can kill you from six miles away without any risk to their own soldiers. They have irresistible microwave crowd control devices that can neutralize a battalion of civilian attackers with the flip of a switch. They have weapons with incredibly high rates of fire, a fairly endless supply of ammo with more and faster guns on the way:

The Feds have night vision and thermal gear that can see shooters hiding behind walls in their houses, barns, cars or duckblinds and new guns that can shoot timed explosive projectiles around corners.

Despite the obviously overwhelming superiority of military firepower neo-secessionists think they can face such a force with their Bushmaster .223's and prevail. At best they'll be a minor nuisance until the Feds lose patience. Then they will become sooty little grease spots, killed by a soldier without even a rifle - just a headset and a video screen who was never within the range of his target's puny civilian "assault" rifles when he killed them from a drone.

Reply to
Robert Green

It's interesting. One thing I wonder is why not just immerse the gun in oil? Put the gun with a lot of gun oil inside a plastic bag. Then put that inside the PVC tube and fill the PVC tube with motor oil and cap it. Even if the plastic bag leaked it would just mix the gun oil with the motor oil, shouldn't be a big deal.

Another thing I thought about was the idea of placing your OWN "tree stumps" in the form of metal rebar. If the ground isn't too hard and rocky you could drive a couple 6 foot long rebar's into the ground and leave them sticking up a little, bend the tops over so no one hurts themselves. Two of them with a line drawn between them as the base line. Then mark the gun with a perpendicular imaginary line from that some distance away, could be 78 feet for example. Far enough that no one is going to be able to use your baseline to find anything unless they know the 78 foot distance you used. You also don't have to draw the perpendicular from the midpoint, it could be at the 5 foot distance from the southern rebar (lets say the rebar is 20 feet apart. You would also measure the location from other natural landmarks, but the rebar is going to be easy to find later with a cheap metal detector. And of course, you would also document the rebar's locations relative to natural landmarks. This makes it possible to have a several way redundant relocation method without the metal detecting part being able to give away the REAL gun location.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

One of the "fact finding" websites has done an investigation regarding the US government's purchase of over a billion bullets. Here is the website :

It seems the Social Security Administration is buying hollow point "man stoppers" to protect against future assaults on their offices. Apparently, they feel that old people are hard to kill......

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

They've already stolen your houses and vast amounts of taxpayers money. Why do you think wimpish Americans will object when/if they raid your bank account?

Reply to
harry

k yards so that when they do start shooting, we can shoot back.

eel important and special?

KNOW all that's going to do is make people buy MORE guns?

If you are jobless and have no assets, (both stolen by the government) your are worthless in their view and need to be fed. You become a negative asset. Ripe for disposal.

Only money counts in America.

Reply to
harry

They have less to lose.....

Reply to
harry

One of the things the article in BACKWOODS MAGAZINE points out is that the government will be searching with the same or better instruments than are available to the citizen, including more sophisticated metal detectors and ground penetrating radar, since they know that people are burying guns. If the burial sites are marked in the way you suggest, they would be child's play to be found. The article points out ways to "mark" the burial site without using these methods.

Regarding immersing the gun in oil. It would probably work. I don't see why not. But it would be a different matter for the ammunition since the oil would penetrate into the cartridge. Been there, done that. Not a good idea...

Reply to
Robert

Bravo!!!! I like the "Don't Masada with Texas" bit. Brillliant.

However the Iraqis and Afghans most recently beat the US forces. They have to come from behind the technology at some point if only for a shit.

The question is, is the US populace/zealots as determined as they were/ are?

I wonder if US citizens could be persuaded to kill other US citizens?

Reply to
harry

If you want to hide a buried object from metal detectors, just sprinkle the vicinity with nails or other false targets.

Reply to
harry

They? They, who?

Reply to