Which newsgroup

Could someone tell me which is the best newsgroup to post to. uk diy or free.uk.diy.home

many thanks and Happy New Year

Reply to
Robert

What the hell kind of a stupid question is that?? Especially when posted to uk.d-i-y...

Why don't you have a good read of both groups, and decide for yourself.

Reply to
Grunff

uk.d-i-y, but you can crosspost and cover both.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I guess that after that idiot spammer posted his off topic mail harvesting scam to this group recently many people are now killing all crossposted articles so they don't see the rubbish that resulted from that post.

Reply to
Alan

Reply to
Richard Evans

FWIW, I kill all articles crossposted to any "free" group.

Reply to
Huge

No, I'm always this intolerant of stupid questions (I'm equally intolerant of top posting - learn to post).

Reply to
Grunff

There are "natural pratts" and there are "hostile pratts". Grunff is "dual qualified".

Reply to
Jim

Is it just me or have we just acquired a whole bunch of clueless newbies for the new year?

Reply to
Grunff

Reply to
NigelT

*waves*

I'm hoping to absorb DIY skills by osmosis. In reality, I'm just going to have to give things a try, f*ck them up, and learn from mistakes, right?

Reply to
Ben Blaney

Just ask away Ben, there are helpful people here on nearly every facet of DIY. However, we might not know much about motorcycles or be able to advise you on the wisdom of following West Ham United!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I have to admit to having sympathy with Grunff's initial answer. It *was* a rather unintelligent question. What answer would *you* expect if you walked into a BMW showroom and asked "Which is best, BMW or Mercedes?"

Reply to
Set Square

It usually takes the people who got a PC for Christmas longer than this to find Usenet.

Reply to
Huge

Please do not top post;

?toppost
your OE fixed here;

Huge

But there wasn't one to give, anyone with half a brain would have just asked a 'DIY' question and see what the response was, it's not as though the OP was asking his original (which group should I post to) question in 'uk.net.beginners' or some such group !

Reply to
Jerry.

I don't know enough to ask any questions yet! But I will, when the time comes - thanks.

lol

Reply to
Ben Blaney

Reply to
Capitol

Please do not top post;

?toppost
your OE fixed here;

Huge

That list gets longer every time - superb!

Reply to
Grunff